Menu

Posting here so I don't leave a nasty response; plz feel free to pat my shoulder and

utter soothing words.

Someone just trashed my PERFECT rating on Amazon, grrrr! I sent her the wrong book, the teacher edition instead of the student edition. When she let me know and asked what to do, I gave her a full refund and told her to please keep the book for herself, or pass it on to a friend.

Now, I don't expect her to be filled with joy at getting the wrong book, but I gave her a full refund w/o requiring her to "prove" anything by sending the book back. So, not a "5" experience, but a "1"?? Seriously??

I dislike you deeply, resentful-and-unforgiving Amazon customer.

I think a lot of savvy buyers check the comments on the feedback. It's usually not too hard to tell where someone has gotten a bad case of sour grapes.

I recently had a situation where I bought a foreign language grammar book and the seller had listed it as "used, like new". Well I'm sorry, but that book sure wasn't even good, never mind new. It had several lines along the spine, several indentations on the cover, the edges of the pages were scuffed, there were pen marks in the book.. and so on.. I was pretty disgusted. So I immediately emailed the seller with my views, and she came back straight away with an apology and a full refund. I gave her 5 out of 5 on her feedback, with the simple comment, "excellent service, thank you". I figured I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, as with only 13 ratings she may not be "into" Amazon selling just yet and may not know how to assess her stuff. I had a full refund - so no biggie.

But it is very annoying when someone gives you a bad rating, if the mistake was genuine and you did your best to rectify it.

Wow! I never mind a mistake, even from a business. I just expect them to make things right. You did more than that! That is VERY unforgiving. I wonder if this is someone who is perfect and never makes mistakes? Hmmmm.... that's the only way it would make sense. A stepford-type perhaps? So sorry for you! Is there a place to put a response to her underneath or something?

I think a lot of savvy buyers check the comments on the feedback. It's usually not too hard to tell where someone has gotten a bad case of sour grapes.

:iagree: I can almost always sense a fruitloop when I read one.

:grouphug: and I'm sorry you're not as faultless as the rest of us. ;):lol:

:grouphug: and I'm sorry you're not as faultless as the rest of us. ;):lol:

hee, I know! See, this is why I haven't left her a response: they all come out sounding like this, lol! Sooooo sorry I'm not as perfect as you . . . I'm thinking that's best left unsaid.

Thanks for all the sympathy, guys, it was really needed. Not only did it make me feel better, it distracts me from staring mournfully at my new and unimproved seller rating. I do check the ratings for details myself, so hopefully most people will.