Menu

I need some quick meals, or make ahead meals....

I have been working at our church daycare from 3:30-6p.m. every day the past week and will continue it for now. Wednesdays are covered because we attend a fellowship dinner/Bible study. I need stuff that I can do ahead ahead and dd can put in the oven or stuff that just needs to be warmed up or crock pot ideas.

We have a lot of beef as my parents are beef farmers, but we eat about anything. Any ideas.

Thanks,

phlox

We just had a cheese fondue that took about 10 minutes total. Really impressed the dc, and it was SO easy. Bread cubes, broccoli & ham cubes (you could cut it all in the morning), and there are a million quick fondue recipes online (this one was beer, colby-jack & hot sauce). Basically it's a grilled-cheese sandwich in another form; ham + broccoli to make it a real meal.

Taco Soup. This is one I have my kids put together if I don't have time - super easy, super fast, and good, too!

1/2 lb. ground beef

1 onion

1 pkg taco seasoning mix

1 pkg ranch dressing mix (I leave this out)

1 14 oz. can tomato sauce

3 cans chili

1 lb. frozen corn (canned works ok, too)

1 4 oz. can diced green chilis (I leave this out, too.)

2 cups water

Brown ground beef; add onions and cook till tender. Add everything else and bring to boil. Presto! It makes about 8 cups.

I serve it on top of pieces of tortilla chips and put shredded cheese on top. Without those "frills," a one cup serving is only 2 points on Weight Watchers!

Tater Tot Casserole?

Brown hamburger with salt & pepper, add chopped onion, mix in a can of condensed cream of mushroom. Put it in a baking dish, layer tater tots on top and pop it in the oven. Bake according to tater tot directions (I think that's 400 for about 15-20 min)

Enchilada Casserole (sort of)

My mom (her recipe) softens the corn tortillas first by frying them in a little oil. I skip that step.

brown hamburger with salt, pepper and onion

in another pan, mix together fiesta nacho cheese sauce, old el paso enchilada sauce and a little tomato sauce to taste (or instead of cheese sauce you could use cream of chicken/mushroom; instead of tomato sauce you could use condensed tomato soup) - I usually warm the sauce a little - it's easier to blend that way.

you're going to layer tortillas dipped in the sauce, hamburger and grated cheese in a baking dish (I use pyrex). So mine looks like - tortillas, meat, cheese, tortillas, meat, cheese, tortillas. Pour leftover sauce over the whole thing and top with cheese.

bake at about 350 for around 20 minutes (until cheese is melted/golden to satisfaction)

This takes a few minutes to make, but can be made ahead and makes great leftovers.

Edited by EppieJ