Menu

Dd finally wrote her essay and it's wonderful

TravelingChris

I am so happy. She has applications due Nov. 1. I had her take the day off yesterday and work at this but she still didn't get the main one done. (She got a few supplementals done and also did some other schoolwork). But today she talked with us and her uncle for a while and then she went off to write. SHe is a very good writer but it hadn't been coming out well in her essay tries so far. Not today. Her strong writing style came out and I think she has written a winner. Now for some tweaking of some grammar and transition points.

I am here finishing up my homeschool supplement- I just have the grading policy and outside evaluation to do.

Congrats to your daughter! :thumbup:

My son's first draft is done. It is now "marinating" while he skateboards. It is pretty good--towards the end, it got better so I am hopeful for the revision.

My work for this school is just about done as well. I do not know how people can apply to many schools. We are exhausted! Few schools have the major my son wants and his sport so we are somewhat limited and I think I am thankful for that now though I was frustrated earlier in the process.

The boy scrapped his entire essay yesterday morning and starting writing fresh. Um, what day is this?????? :rolleyes: But he's excited about his topic, more than can be said for the old topic, and should get it polished tomorrow. He's going to have his current AP Lit teacher read over it because "he's a really picky grader" instead of his nurturing AP Eng Lang teacher from last year. Whatever it takes!

I can't wait for this all to be over...

My daughter just entered her essay and I haven't read it at all. I do know the topic she chose. It was to write about something that you would do differently, if you had to do it over again. She wrote about her reaction to the birth of her brother( She was not pleased. She had been a happy only child for 13.5 years.), so it was pretty personal. She is hoping to be a Creative Writing major and I trust her writing and grammar abilities. She did run it past a friend of hers, who is a sophomore in Honors English at a university and plans to be an English Professor someday. Her friend gave her 2 thumbs up. I am curious and want to read it. I love that she is growing up and standing on her own for something this important. :)