Menu

Calling on Dr. Hive...sort of sensitive content

My 10 year old daughter was riding her bike yesterday and hit a big bump...causing her to land really hard on her bike seat. Later when she went to the bathroom, there was a teeny tiny bit of blood on her undies and it hurt her to go to the bathroom (it stung)...no other pain...other than a bruised feeling when area is pressed. I am assuming that she will be fine in a short period of time, ringt?? but what I was wondering is can anything be done to help her heal faster?? Thanks so much!

My 10 year old daughter was riding her bike yesterday and hit a big bump...causing her to land really hard on her bike seat. Later when she went to the bathroom, there was a teeny tiny bit of blood on her undies and it hurt her to go to the bathroom (it stung)...no other pain...other than a bruised feeling when area is pressed. I am assuming that she will be fine in a short period of time, ringt?? but what I was wondering is can anything be done to help her heal faster?? Thanks so much!

In my own personal experience and that of my DD8, yes, it should heal fine and pretty quickly, but I'd make sure she knows that she MUST tell you if anything changes there--it hurts more, it burns more, it bleeds more or there's discharge, etc.

Oh, ouch :crying:! That's a feeling you don't forget. I fell on the monkey bars, with similar results, many, many years ago. My mom had me soak in an epsom salt bath. I do remember some initial burning, but within about 3 days everything was back to normal.

Poor kid!

I did this on a bike, too, at about that age, and I still remember the pain.

Arnica (the homeopatic oral tablet) would likely help a lot. You can probably get it at your local health food store, if you don't usually use homeopathics. Arnica is amazing with bruising pain.

My mother and my SIL both had similar bike-related injuries around the age of 10. Neither one was able to have natural childbirth-- their pubic bones had 'fused' due to the injury.

There really isn't anything a Dr can do... but if you note the incident, it may help 15 years from now... my SIL's mom had a record of the incident-- when SIL's labor did not progress (after 30+ hours and baby in distress) she mentioned it to the OB... the OB IMMEDIATELY ordered a c-section (SIL wanted to keep trying)... SIL tried a V-bac the next time and same situation happened (she did not believe the injury could have been to blame)--her third pregnancy was a scheduled c-section.

My mother had an emergency c-section with her first pregnancy--after more than 24 hours of hard labor--no progress... my brother had to be fully resuscitated...

Most of the time this injury heals without problem...