Menu

this disgusts me

My kids like going to the park a few minutes away from my house. They often just hang out or play with some of the little kids in the area. My son and his friend just left the park but my older girls stayed (15 and 18) with a few of the younger kids. Three teenage girls (probably around 16 or so) came to the park dressed in very revealing clothing (short skirts, low tops, etc) and bright red lipstick. They started talking dirty to a group of the little boys and just acting plain nasty. Then one of the girls proceeded to take off her shorts and started pole dancing. I think all of the little kids were shocked. My daughters told the older girls to leave. The girls wouldn't leave so my girls persuaded the younger kids to go to the other side of the park. My girls didn't come with these younger kids so they really couldn't bring them home. What really saddens me is that there was a grandparent there with his child and he just stared and didn't do anything.

Last week two middle school boys were telling my girls that they wanted to sleep with them. These were 12 year olds!

This is a park in nice neighborhood. I know worse things could happen but it just disgusts me. This used to be a nice place for my kids to play and now they don't even enjoy going there anymore.

This is a park in nice neighborhood. I know worse things could happen but it just disgusts me. This used to be a nice place for my kids to play and now they don't even enjoy going there anymore.

We don't hang out at the park that is in my front yard because of the unsupervised adolescents.

I took my twins to a park across the street from where my other dd was having her paino lesson. This park is right next to a junior high. Two girls and boys walked across from the school to the park and were playing around on the swings. The language was filthy. And one of the girls started 'pole dancing' with one of the swing set poles. Holy cow! My girls and I beat a hasty retreat to the car. Last time I took them to the park at that time.

I do have to say the same park is full of littler kids on Sat. morning. I was there on a Thursday afternoon.

Guest Dulcimeramy

I keep hearing about children pole dancing at playgrounds. I don't recall *ever* hearing about this in past years.

What is on TV these days? :glare:

Um, isn't there a law against indecent exposure and inappropriate s*xual behavior toward children? Is it crazy to consider calling the police the next time you (or your daughters) witness it? 16 is certainly old enough to get into a whole mess of trouble for behavior like that, especially in a public place.

Um, isn't there a law against indecent exposure and inappropriate s*xual behavior toward children? Is it crazy to consider calling the police the next time you (or your daughters) witness it? 16 is certainly old enough to get into a whole mess of trouble for behavior like that, especially in a public place.

I think this too. Get the police invoved next time. Our city has a non emergency number, although indecnicy with a child is probably more likly a major issue.

Also, if I was a parent and my younger children were there like that I would have been okayif your dds would have suggested that they go home or to a safe place.

There was a online coupon available recently for pole dancing lessons, it's like a form of exercise....:confused:

yes, you can take pole dancing classes and it IS quite a workout.

actually (anyone) check this *video out:

-- i can only imagine having the strength and flexibility that some of them have!

*this is not stripping. there are is no nudity in the video. it contains clips from the competition, set to music, and the ladies are wearing two piece bathing suit type outfits.if that's gonna offend you - don't watch it. most especially, don't watch it and then rag me out for posting it when you knew what it was. ;)

[eta: of course none of that makes the behaviour of the girls in the original post appropriate.]

Edited by Gwenhwyfar
add eta

We had some issues during our spring baseball season. On my son's team it is 11- and 12-year-olds. One of the boy's older sister (at least 16 because she drove) flirted with the boys. It was disruptive enough that some of the parents and the coaches had to ask her to stay away from the dugout. Nothing like what you were describing but it was unnerving to see a 16-year-old girl acting that way towards preteen boys. Very creepy and sad. Sounds like this is a growing problem, especially if it is already at the stage you are describing.

Miley Cyrus was pole dancing last year at the Nickelodeon awards ceremony. Taylor swift attempted a pole dance not too long after on a different show.

Makes me sad.

Miley doesn't surprise me, though at the Nickelodeon awards, that does.

Taylor Swift has been our alternative to Miley...so I'm a bit shocked!

It's true that pole dancing is starting to be seen as more... fitness oriented to some people? I've watched some videos of pole dances for competition (the clothes stay on at these events) and they are impressive.

that's exactly what's in the video i posted up above, from the 2010 US competition. i haven't taken any classes myself, but i know some girls who have and they said it was a lot of fun AND a lot of work. :)

It's society now days, if you turn the TV on that's all you see on TV, and everything is fine/okay/acceptable :001_huh: Unsupervised kids look at these things and think it's fine/okay/acceptable. And even worse, nobody says anything, like the Grandfather...

This is more scary, parents didn't know about their son's collection of guns :001_huh:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/15/1875083/weapons-found-in-teens-room.html

This has happened to me a couple times. I literally stand in their space, ask them to stop "nicely," if they don't I pull out my phone and start calling the cops (after I tell them I am taking their pics to give to the police) Never fails! :D

Edited by simka2

Wow, this just reminded that I overheard some kids talk about pole dancing at the park, too. It was a couple of months ago and they were all young (age 10 and under). I remember thinking to myself how did they know what pole dancing was? Bleck. So unnecessary.