Menu

book recommendations

I think we need more info. A word or two about what each kid is into? I can think of too many books for that to give an answer for the 11, 10 & 9 yo.

For the 5 yo - maybe books he'll grow into like Frog and Toad or something by Cynthia Rylant. Or, if you want to give him something he'll be able to read right away, maybe one of the We Both Read books - some of them are phonics controlled, like The New Red Bed or June's Tune. Not great literature, but my kids enjoyed them.

I think we need more info. A word or two about what each kid is into? I can think of too many books for that to give an answer for the 11, 10 & 9 yo.

For the 5 yo - maybe books he'll grow into like Frog and Toad or something by Cynthia Rylant. Or, if you want to give him something he'll be able to read right away, maybe one of the We Both Read books - some of them are phonics controlled, like The New Red Bed or June's Tune. Not great literature, but my kids enjoyed them.

Well, I'm donating the books, and I don't know the kids. Like you said, too many books.

The 5 yo is mine. And he's into transformers, toy story, and Cars.