Menu

Help using non-chemical floor cleaners, please

I just replaced my Swiffer Wet Jet with a new no-battery no-disposable pad wet mop (Rubbermaid Reveal, in case you wanted to know).

I'm not liking the results of the cleaning on my laminate floor -- very splotchy and streaky. I used a 1/2-1/2 water/ white vinegar combo.

I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has found the magic ratio for a streak-free floor.

Do you mean you used, say, a gallon of water and half a gallon of vinegar? half and half?

That may be way too strong. Try .5 cup vinegar and a gallon of water (my bucket holds more, so I usually have roughly 3 gals in there with maybe a cup and a half of vinegar--but I don't measure all that carefully).

I do use Bona on my wood floors from time to time, so I'm not chemical-free. I liked the steamer I had, but I think I stripped a lot of the shine off with it, and it broke, so I don't use it anymore. (Mine are not laminate, but real wood that is sealed.)

I just replaced my Swiffer Wet Jet with a new no-battery no-disposable pad wet mop (Rubbermaid Reveal, in case you wanted to know).

I'm not liking the results of the cleaning on my laminate floor -- very splotchy and streaky. I used a 1/2-1/2 water/ white vinegar combo.

I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has found the magic ratio for a streak-free floor.

I just purchased a Reveal and love it. You may be putting a bit to much vinegar in. I normally use just enough vinegar to make the water slicker, if that makes any sense.

I also have a produce by BioKleen for floors that I really like for tougher areas. I use a dab of Bac Out in the water for the bathrooms.

I pruchase these items through our food club but any health food store should have them or be able to get them for you.

If you need more details pm me.