Menu

What's a good planner to use for doing a strict WTM curriculum?

Nancy Ann

I don't think there's one that's specifically classical ed-oriented. People here use different things--whatever works for them. I've tried out a bunch of different things and always end up back at my Excel spreadsheet! Homeschool Tracker+ seems to be very popular, but there are a bunch of different options, all good if they're what you're looking for. Try searching on "planner" on this board and you'll get tons of different discussions about them.

HTH!

I use Rod and Staff's planner, which is a standard teacher plan book with the subjects going down the left side, and the days across the top. I try to label the subjects. Some things like math are easy to write down, because I just write lesson 12, lesson 13, etc. across the week. Things like reading and writing, are harder because it is all combined and mixed up. So sometimes I may put down that we did a narration under history one day, but that is also her writing for the day. Writing may not reflect anything that day. But I will jot down when she does a handwriting sheet or writes a letter to a pen pal under that category. I try to keep a running book list too showing what she has been reading, and I just check off daily that reading was accomplished. I have found a system that works for me. It helps me to keep a record of what was accomplished too.

I made my own. I was a PS teacher so I wanted something similar to what I had (large boxes to write in), but customized. I use legal sized paper in a legal 3 ring binder (portrait). Each week is a two page spread with Monday-Wed. on the first page and Th-Friday plus a notes column on the 2nd page. I use two binders with 2 children in each binder. Each child has a box per subject under each day. Then at the very bottom of the page I have boxes for the subjects we do together. I only write those out once. I also have little check boxes each day for their AWANA and instrument practice. For me, making my own has been the best way to get what I want! :001_smile: