Menu

What is your favorite television show from childhood?

Dukes of Hazard

Family Ties

The Facts Of Life

Alf

Smurfs

Diff'rent Strokes

Small Wonder

Charles In Charge

Silver Spoons

Webster

Who's The Boss

Inspector Gadget

ETA: Oh, I have to also add The Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, and The Flintstones after reading other peoples' answers. :D

Edited by NanceXToo

:D

Aww...how bad could it be, lol?

Three's Company

The LOVE Boat...we'll be makin' another run...The LOVE Boat...

Gilligan's Island

I do kind of remember some...heated discussions...with my grandmother about whether we would watch Dukes of Hazard or Fantasy Island on Friday nights (when I would spend the night).

I was born in 1973

Wonder Woman

Bewitched reruns

I Dream of Jeannie reruns

Star Search (I loved the dancing and the acting segments)

Facts of Life

Who's the Boss?

Night Rider

Little House on the Prairie

The Donna Reed Show on Nick at Night

When I was a teen, I liked all the above and...

Now,

I don't really like anything. I can't stand crime, lawyers, detective show. I don't like Glee, or anything like that. I do like American Idol and BBC TV shows like Robin Hood and Merlin that I get from Netflix. Seems like TV is just not as entertaining as it once was.

Wonder Woman

Anything Bugs Bunny

Tom & Jerry

Dukes of Hazzard

Family Ties

The Facts Of Life

Smurfs

Who's The Boss

The Brady Bunch

Solid Gold

American Bandstand

Wheel of Fortune

Knight Rider

A-Team

The Love Boat

Mighty Mouse

Can you tell my parents were very lax regarding TV viewing while I was growing up?

eta: Thought of some others... The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Gilligan's Island, and The Lawrence Welk Show (we watched this with my grandparents every weekend - they lived behind my house)

Born in '72

The Brady Bunch

The Love Boat

Who's The Boss?

Silver Spoons

Hotel

And most of the ones already mentioned :D

My children also love Little House and are enjoying the reruns of Family Ties that are airing on one of our channels along with Hogan's Heroes (not one of my favorites, but ds12 loves it!). TV sure isn't what it used to be!

Rocky and Bullwinkle -- until I was forbidden to watch it after my mother caught me balancing on the sill of our second-story window, ready to leap out and fly like Rocky.

Astro Boy -- I used to pin a towel around my neck and run around in my underwear pretending to fly. Sensing a theme here?

When I was really young it was:

Smurfs

Sha Na Na

Fraggle Rock

The Littles

The Muppets

When I was late elem/Jr.. High it was:

Wonder Years

Growing Pains

Who's The Boss

I remember watching Quantam Leap a lot, though I think that was more my parents thing.

I had many favorites at different ages as I was growing up, so I guess I will just list the very earliest ones I can remember watching on a regular basis that I continued to watch for many years (as long as they were on)....

Red Skelton; Jackie Gleason; Dick Van Dyke; Lawrence Welk; Art Linkletter; Ed Sullivan....

Creature Feature

Masterpiece Theater & Mystery (loved to watch with my mom)

Nova

Mash

Sandford & Son

Welcome Back Kotter

Happy Days

All in the Family

The Jeffersons

Good Times

Fish

Barney Miller

And I loved all the afternoon talk shows, Merv Griffin & Mike Douglas

I watch way too much tv as a kid... :lol:

The New Zoo Revue

The Patchwork Family (my first exposure to classical music was one of the skits where someone played cello -- LOVED it)

Gumby (the older shows before they revamped the theme music)

The Magic Garden (I was annoyed that my name was never said during the Hello song. I was also annoyed that my name was never on those personalized pencils, but that's another story. :tongue_smilie:)

Can you tell I grew up in the NYC tristate area? :D

When i was really little I loved the bozo show, the part on she-ra where you searched for the little hidden furrball... And the smurfs & fraggles! My brother got me hooked on Duck Tales & Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers but I never really liked that show as well as the original Disney Chipmunks (and Huey, Dewey & Louie for that matter!) Anytime I rented a movie when I was little it was either a Disney cartoon or the care bears! :)

At 6 I was a huge fan of Wonder Woman. I would lasso my best friend. Her dad got mad and ran me home one day... sigh.

At 8 I loved the Brady Bunch.

I also grew up watching Little House on the Prairie. Favorite memories include my mom and I on the couch and tears running down my mom's face... she blubbered over those shows!