Menu

Does anyone take any meds that has this strange effect on tea?

I take a med that dramatically increases my interest in tea but negates my ability to um, statisfying conclude drinking it. :blushing: Very annoying. :glare:

ETA: I just noticed my post count, kind of funny. Oh and I don't take it all the time, thank godness. That would be enough to drive me insane if I wasn't already.

Edited by KidsHappen

I take a med that dramatically increases my interest in tea but negates my ability to um, statisfying conclude drinking it. :blushing: Very annoying. :glare:

ETA: I just noticed my post count, kind of funny. Oh and I don't take it all the time, thank godness. That would be enough to drive me insane if I wasn't already.

Yes, I took an anti-D that did this. Had to go off of it, because of the frustration!!! ;)

Are there toys involved? Sometimes that can help things move along.

May I just ask a very naive question I've wondered about every time a "tea" thread comes up? Where do you actually buy "toys"? Locally? Online? I guess I've lived a sheltered life....I'm completely clueless, and had no idea so many people....well.... :001_huh:

May I just ask a very naive question I've wondered about every time a "tea" thread comes up? Where do you actually buy "toys"? Locally? Online? I guess I've lived a sheltered life....I'm completely clueless, and had no idea so many people....well.... :001_huh:

You can do it either way. If you are really embarrassed, order online. I will pm you a good store, if you want. Sometimes I buy locally, the employees can actually be quite helpful.

I took some meds that gave me that problem. I'm not sure which one it was because I went on pain meds, muscle relaxer and diet pills all at the same time and quit them all at close to the same time too. I think the 2nd part of the problem was what caused the 1st part partly. DH sure didn't mind! It stopped when I went off.

btw, I buy toys both online and local. I figure if somebody sees me in the toy store well then they're there too. Usually friends and I go on girls night with the understanding that nobody is to actually buy anything and have lots of laughs. It helps with the comfort level.

Do you know I was absolutely gobsmacked to find out that VERMONT COUNTRY STORE sells "toys?" You know, the same place you can get a granny-styled flannel nightie and your favorite candy from yesteryear--I about fell over laughing from the incongruity.

And yes, I have to link...

Vermont Country Store (now we know what they do when they get snowed in...)

Do you know I was absolutely gobsmacked to find out that VERMONT COUNTRY STORE sells "toys?" You know, the same place you can get a granny-styled flannel nightie and your favorite candy from yesteryear--I about fell over laughing from the incongruity.

Woah! Who knew?!?

The Sharper Image the first time. Once I knew what I wanted then I could order it on-line. Adam & Eve is a reliable on-line seller although you might not want to get their catalog. They have media that some people might find offensive and you definitely do not want to leave it laying around where a child might find it. The media is usually in a seperate pamplet. I usually just shred that part. You can also find a surprising supply at places like Walgreen's or CVS.

ETA: Oops. I forgot my first was a gift from my mother. Turns out that particular item didn't work for me so I had to go find something that did. I also gifted my first dd. Turns out she doesn't care for or need such a thing (good for her - seriously). The 18 year old was in a different state for her first purchase. She was at a store with the equivilent of a second gma, my brother, her best friend and had me and her father on the phone. She also had a very helpful sales assistant. I was informed that it was a three hour trip. Turns out her first purchase didn't work for her either but she soon found something that did. My 17 yr. old has informed me and I quote, "Eww! Don't even go there!"

Edited by KidsHappen

I was kind of surprised by that myself but hey if you live in Vermont, you might not have a lot of local establishments. I have also seen ads from very old Sears catalogs and magazines like Good Housekeeping.

I love the rubber duckie. I can hear

now.

Jennifer

I didn't have that problem with a med. My problem was that I never cared if I saw the kettle again. :glare:

I went to a Pure Romance party. Very fun and enlightening. :D It was nice to be able to see and hold the products before you bought them. And you get to place your order one on one with the rep, so you don't have to be embarrassed.

And MamaT, since I know you IRL, if you are reading this, please forget you ever read it. LOL!

Edited by Nakia

:lol::lol::smilielol5::smilielol5::lol::lol::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Increase in calcium can help with um, issues regarding a finished feeling, I think, is maybe what I want to say. Just trying to be helpful.

I don't mean drink a cow. okay, i'm done.:001_huh:

I really really mean it though. I drink an HERBAL tea that is high in calcium so I highly recommend it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So y'all have dh's who are fine with this? Did you always have toys in your repertoire?

Yes to both questions and I agree to whatever it is that Mrs. Mungo said below (I am too tired to think in metaphors this early in the morning and as usual she already said what I would have said anyhow. ;) )