Menu

What do you let your children eat that others may be appalled by.

So the forbidden hidden food and the supporting others post has had some comment that make me wonder.

What do you allow your children to have to eat that others may make other go all :001_huh: "You let your kid eat that?"

I let dd eat almost all of her Halloween candy. We have been known to fill up her bag twice.

I also have let her eat Pop Tarts and Spaghetti O's.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonic drinks during Happy Hour....I am really vigilant about NO HFCS in our home, but that seems to go out the window whenever we are near a Sonic between the hours of 2:00pm - 5:00pm :leaving:

It's the ice. It has a power all its own. :lol:

Fruity Pebbles, the occasional pop-tart, breakfast for dinner.

Sonic drinks during Happy Hour....I am really vigilant about NO HFCS in our home, but that seems to go out the window whenever we are near a Sonic between the hours of 2:00pm - 5:00pm :leaving:

I would, but the last time we did Sonic, ds flipped out. It was crazy, and then he crashed! So we don't do that anymore, but it is so tempting.

They love chocolate covered espresso beans in their trail mix. :blushing:

Once a lady was giving out samples at Publix and when I let the girls each have one she actually said she would never let her kids eat them. Dh said then he was glad they weren't her kids.:tongue_smilie:

They love chocolate covered espresso beans in their trail mix. :blushing:

Once a lady was giving out samples at Publix and when I let the girls each have one she actually said she would never let her kids eat them. Dh said then he was glad they weren't her kids.:tongue_smilie:

:lol:

I let dd eat almost all of her Halloween candy. We have been known to fill up her bag twice.

My son squirrels his away and eats it for months. :tongue_smilie:

They also eat store-bought cookies (when I'm too lazy to make homemade), canned soup (when I'm too lazy to make homemade), and frozen pizza (blech).

We lived on Cap'n Crunch, Poptarts and CB ravioli and Spaghetti-o's growing up. :D

my kids eat halloween candy for breakfast the day after they get it. growing up, my mom never let me have halloween candy for breakfast.

i'd of course say, "that's not fair!!!!". her response was always, "when you grow up and have children, you can let them do whatever they want".

so i do! candy for breakfast every.single.year.:D

Raw onions. My daughter loves them and eats them like candy if I'm chopping some for dinner or whatever. She has since she was under two and I let her try one at her insistence (while telling her "You know you won't like this...", lol) Weirdo.

And coffee. Thanks to my husband letting them taste his disgusting coffee (triple-triple... :ack2: ) my kids think coffee is the greatest thing since sliced bread, so every once in a while I make them 'coffee' which is mostly milk and a little sugar with a splash of coffee.

So the forbidden hidden food and the supporting others post has had some comment that make me wonder.

What do you allow your children to have to eat that others may make other go all :001_huh: "You let your kid eat that?"

Each other. Used to let them eat crayons for snack, but that got expensive. I figure Wolf and I have a few more reproductive years left.

:tongue_smilie:

Homemade brownie batter....for supper.

I hate to cook. Whenever dh would go out of town on business, I would mix up a batch of brownies and then divide the batter into bowls for this kids to eat for supper. There was never any left over to bake. :001_smile:

They LOVED when Dad went out of town!

Well....... I will buy the junk for them periodically but not regularly, but want to say that my kids are STRANGE! They love escargot and sushi (won't let them eat raw) to name a few. We are "adventurous" eaters. :D

:iagree: except I do allow dd to eat the raw stuff. Sashimi is her favorite thing to order at the Japanese restaurant.

frozen pizza & chicken nuggets

candy...anything that doesn't have nuts (b/c ds7 is allergic)...what else would we bribe them with???:tongue_smilie:

cookies and cakes...mostly homemade, but if we are out...

the occasional hotdog with nasty nitrates and all....with ketchup and boxed mac-n-cheese as a side.

I figer it thiswize....I grew up on fastfood and soda everyday from the time I can remember. A varied diet meant McD's on Monday, Hardees on Tuesday, Arby's on Wednesday, etc...:001_huh: I turned out OK, and I can't do much worse than that.:lol:

That said, I do mostly cook from scratch, grind my own grains, make homemade broths rather than canned, etc,etc...it all evens out in the end, right?

Well....... I will buy the junk for them periodically but not regularly, but want to say that my kids are STRANGE! They love escargot and sushi (won't let them eat raw) to name a few. We are "adventurous" eaters. :D

Mine love avocado rolls. But only from the store. If I make homemade sushi, they won't eat it. :glare:

The strangest thing they eat is frozen vegetables. I pour the vegetables directly from the bag onto their plates.

Pringles, Fritos, Corn Dogs, Pizza Rolls. . . not on a regular basis, but they do make an appearance in our house, especially during soccer season.

I don't know how people avoid hot dogs-- at cook outs during the summer, they are seriously hard to avoid, and only my older 3 will choose a hamburger over a hot dog. The younger 4 probably consume a hot dog a week during the summer because we have bbq's and bon fires all season.

Haha! Me too! (Typed as I'm sitting here with my girls slurping my Lemon-berry slush) At least I've tried to limit it to only after piano! :lol:

I don't know how people avoid hot dogs-- at cook outs during the summer, they are seriously hard to avoid, and only my older 3 will choose a hamburger over a hot dog. The younger 4 probably consume a hot dog a week during the summer because we have bbq's and bon fires all season.

I don't eat meat and don't miss it generally, but I absolutely crave a hot dog every now and then.

Leftover dessert for breakfast... :blushing:

Particularly birthday cake and pies after Thanksgiving or Christmas.

We do that as well, especially fruit pies I don't think they are a bad breakfast food.:D

We eat cookies or candy most everyday for dessert after dinner AND lunch. (One cookie or two "fun" size candies.)

Or a Yankee? :)

'To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.

To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.

To Northerners, a Yankee is an Easterner.

To Easterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.

To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.

And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.'

--attributed to EB White

Edited by Mejane

Peyton threw up six years ago after having a hot dog for lunch. It grossed Luke out so much he hasn't had a hot dog since. Peyton, however, continues to happily eat them, and she would eat them weekly if we allowed it. As it is it's maybe once every two months.

When I buy hot dogs - maybe once a year - I buy Hebrew National. I tell myself they must be better because they are Hebrew. Please don't tell me that I'm wrong.

Coke. know it's really bad. I do. But it's just associated with so many good memories from my own childhood. So I allow it.

I will also buy white bread about once a year. Blech.

What else...I've resorted to lunch meat from the deli now that I have to pack a lunch every day for DS. I have serious issues with lunch meat. But it is easy and Luke loves it. I try to make up for it otherwise.

When I buy hot dogs - maybe once a year - I buy Hebrew National. I tell myself they must be better because they are Hebrew. Please don't tell me that I'm wrong.

This is the only brand I buy and for pretty much the same reasons. :tongue_smilie:

Actually, it's the only brand dh can eat without getting ill.

Cinder

Or a Yankee? :)

'To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.

To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.

To Northerners, a Yankee is an Easterner.

To Easterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.

To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.

And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.'

--attributed to EB White

Then my dh is a true Yankee (even though he was born in the South). :lol:

Cinder