Menu

Itunes music and non apple players?

We've gone through many, many Sansas and I currently have a Sony Walkman that I LOVE! We stay away from itunes and ipods because of the pain of their copyright protection. As far as I know, the itunes purchased music will only work with apple products. You'd need to convert the files to mp3s, maybe there is a program online that does that.

Or, burn all your itunes music to CDs using itunes, then close itunes and use Sansa/Sony's program that comes with the player to then rip the CD into mp3s. Then use Sony/Sansa's program to put the music onto the players. Or, copy the music files from the folder on your computer to the music folder on the player.

We purchase songs from napster when we do purchase music, since they come as mp3s. We subscribe to napster to go, where for $14.99 a month, you can transfer unlimited amounts of music to three different mp3 players (or stream it off a android phone). Rhapsody also has a similar program for the same price, just a different interface.

Good Luck!

We used to have non-apple players. I found the *easiest* way to convert itunes music was to burn a CD on itunes, then rip it with my MP3 player's software. There have been various programs that will convert them, but itunes keeps adapting and preventing it. The burn and rip method always works.

How do I know if my computer is capable of burning a cd?

Go to computer (or my computer), double-click it, it should list all of your drives. What are they called?

Mine:

C: OS (this is my hard drive with operating system)

D: Recovery (this is a partition of my hard drive for recovering data if something BAD happens)

E: DVD RW (this is a rewritable DVD drive, it will do DVDs or CDs)

There are other drives, but those are the type you're looking for.