Menu

My DH is out of his ever-lovin' mind.

We have been in our house for almost 8 years. We're about to do some major renovations to house. BUT... DH just found out that the house one street over that he has always loved is for sale. So now he wants to look into buying it!!! Our house is not in sellable condition at all. We would probably have to spend a month or so getting it that way, then list it and hope it sells in time for us to buy this other house.

Ack! The last time we moved we had a much smaller house and DS was in kindergarten at a private school, so it was much easier to keep it clean. I cannot even imagine trying to keep this house show-ready and homeschooling at the same time.

I repeat... Ack! :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Do you love the house, too? If so, I'd do it!

It can be a TON of work, though, and DH should step up to do his share. I clearly remember getting our last house ready to sell 10 years ago. I was 6 months pregnant, had a 3 year old, and my husband had mono and was useless. Not a happy memory, but I'm so glad we moved.

Um, yeah. He's out of his mind. We're trying to sell our house now because dh got a job on the other side of the state. It took a good month to get the house ready to sell, and I was in charge of it all because he's in Charleston during the week and only home on weekends. We've depleted our savings to do everything to the house that needs to be done. Now I'm homeschooling, the baby just learned to crawl, and I have to keep the house clean at all times in case we have a showing. For example, just yesterday I was at lunch with a good friend and no kids. This happens about two times a year btw. Halfway through lunch I get a call telling me someone wants to view the house in an hour. We boxed up lunch, flew to my house, straightened everything up THEN I couldn't go home half the afternoon. If we didn't HAVE to sell, we would be making this house the way we want. How much better can that other house really be? And that's not even considering how the housing market is in your area.

It may well turn out to be a huge blessing.

When I was working at a real estate office, conditional offers were the norm, all of them involving sale of current house.

It would definitely be a contingency sale

Do you love the house, too? If so, I'd do it!

Yes, I love the house, too. That's one way he's pulled me into this crazy idea! :tongue_smilie:

Um, yeah. He's out of his mind. We're trying to sell our house now because dh got a job on the other side of the state. It took a good month to get the house ready to sell, and I was in charge of it all because he's in Charleston during the week and only home on weekends. We've depleted our savings to do everything to the house that needs to be done. Now I'm homeschooling, the baby just learned to crawl, and I have to keep the house clean at all times in case we have a showing. For example, just yesterday I was at lunch with a good friend and no kids. This happens about two times a year btw. Halfway through lunch I get a call telling me someone wants to view the house in an hour. We boxed up lunch, flew to my house, straightened everything up THEN I couldn't go home half the afternoon. If we didn't HAVE to sell, we would be making this house the way we want. How much better can that other house really be? And that's not even considering how the housing market is in your area.

You're scaring me, here. :) Luckily the housing market in Houston is okay. Not great, but okay.

At least you are close enough to RENT the house you are in now and be hovering landlords! My next-door neighbors moved just 9 miles away and stop by the house they rented all the time. Just a thought.

That is a thought, but we really need the equity in this house to buy the other one.