Menu

Math Mammoth

I love Math Mammoth. We used Singapore last year. Singapore math was good, but I felt that I had to flip 4 books to get math done. Math Mammoth is simpler. I really like the teaching boxes that directly talk to students. MM saves me time and it is very challenging for ds. I also really like the layout. The pages are colorful, but not distracting. There are variety of problems in each topic. I am sure you have read about it from the general board. I think MM is challenging enough for gifted kids also.

I love Math Mammoth. We used Singapore last year. Singapore math was good, but I felt that I had to flip 4 books to get math done. Math Mammoth is simpler. I really like the teaching boxes that directly talk to students. MM saves me time and it is very challenging for ds. I also really like the layout. The pages are colorful, but not distracting. There are variety of problems in each topic. I am sure you have read about it from the general board. I think MM is challenging enough for gifted kids also.

:iagree:We switched to MM from Singapore because dd1 wanted to work independently, and because of the significant saving. MM is every bit as rigorous.

We are using selected of the MM single-topic "blue" books to supplement Singapore.

I think MM is comparable in challenge level to the *basic* Singapore program but the problems in the Intensive Practice book are harder. Also, while the word problems in MM are comparable in difficulty to the ones in CWP, there are a lot fewer of them. So even if I were to switch our "spine" at some point from Singapore to MM, I'd still want to supplement with those 2 books.

:iagree:

We haven't used Singapore, but MM seems just right for us. AND dd can work pretty independently and get it. This is our 2nd year with it. I would suggest you try a sample if you are interested.