Menu

Thank you for prayers for my son

It has been a long time since I have posted but wanted to let all of you that prayed for my son Richard know that after over 3 1/2 months in the hospital he is out, we are home and he is doing great.

I am sorry that I did not keep everyone updated. It seemed that most of the time I didn't have the extra energy to do anything other than oversee his care and take care of my family.

I do want to express my appreciation for the prayers. Many times it seemed he was on the edge of going home but always bounced back. God seemed to always give us the strength to continue in faith.

He is now going to be going back to work part time tomorrow. We are still trying to find our 'new normal' but it gets easier every day.

Thank you for your faithfulness in standing with us.

Were the results of the surgery what you all expected?

Yes, the last two surgeries went very well. The incision healed up sooner than projected(prayer), his getting back in his chair went very well also so we ended up getting to come home over 2 wks earlier than they originally were saying.

Yes, the last two surgeries went very well. The incision healed up sooner than projected(prayer), his getting back in his chair went very well also so we ended up getting to come home over 2 wks earlier than they originally were saying.

That is wonderful news.:grouphug:

:grouphug: Thanks for the update! Is there anything specific we should be praying for now that you guys are home?

Thank you for asking this. Yes. MRSA was found in the wound from cultures from the last surgery. He was on a very strong anti biotic for 6 wks but sent home with a list of things to 'look for' just in case the MRSA was not totally taken care of and started back up. We are believing that the bug is DEAD!

Also he had 2 seizures between the last two surgeries and was put on medication for that. We are now weaning him off of those and again given a list of things we need to watch for in that area. Again, believing that he will stay seizure free.

One last thing, he can not drive until he has been seizure free for 6 months so we are trying to work out the schedule of getting him to work and back home when he doesn't feel he can do a whole day. I know it will work we just need to figure it all out.

Thank you all for your concern and prayers. I don't think a person really realizes what a support it is until they have been in this kind of situation. I know that there were days that it was only through the prayers of others that I stayed on my feet and functioning.