Menu

Vent about my 3 year old

First off, I am not asking for advice, I know that I did the right thing for our family. I just need to vent.

We got to gymnastics today, she loves gymnastics. We had a great morning. She is getting over a cold, (and I know that is why this happened) The music came on and she burst into tears.

I sat with her, calmed her down, blew her nose, by this time the warm up is over. I ask her if she wants to do class and she does. We walk over to the class, she sits down and bursts into tears again.

I walk her back to the side, at this point I can not really disrupt the rest of the class anymore. So I calm her down and tell her she has a choice. Gymnastics class followed by lunch at Applebees with my sister and her cousin, or home for a nap. She wants gymnastics. I make it very clear that there is no more crying and she has to do what the class is doing or we will be going home. She is good for about 90 seconds, and then the tears come again. So I said "right, we are going home and you are taking a nap" Tears the whole way home. Arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I know it was right.

a. I had to keep my word or I would have a bigger issue next time

b. If she was doing all that she probably really needs the nap.

But...

I was really looking forward to my lunch at Applebee's !

Thanks for reading my vent.

Cheers,

Nicole

But...

I was really looking forward to my lunch at Applebee's !

Cheers,

Nicole

Lol, life with kids...

We spent $64 last week to take our family to see Fiddler on the Roof since one of their friends was in it.

I spent half the play walking back and forth to the bathroom with my 4 y.o.

I was really tempted to say "This is the last time you're coming to a show with us!" but the grown-up in me realized it wasn't about me, right?

Hope you make it to Applebee's soon!

No doubt it was best to go home and take a nap. And you'll enjoy Applebee's much better without an under-the-weather preschooler. I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. Hopefully she'll eventually see the reasonableness in recovering more fully rather than viewing it as punishment for being under the weather.