Menu

Top 10 Things NOT to say when asked "What?! No school today?"

A friend share this with me & I thought it was too funny to not pass it on...

10. Well normally yes, but this time of year I need help with the planting and plowing.

9. Goodness, no!!! I graduated 18 years ago, but thanks for the compliment!

8. No, we homeschool. We're just out to pick up a bag of pork rinds and some Mountain Dew, then we gotta hurry home to catch our soaps.

7. What?! Where did you guys come from?! Oh my gosh! I thought I told you kids to stay at school! I'm sorry. This happens all the time. (sigh)

6. There isn't? Why, you'd think we would have seen more kids out then, don't you?

5. We're on a field trip studying human nature's intrusive and assumptive tactics of displaying ignorance and implied superiority. Thanks for the peek!

4. On our planet we have different methods of education. (Shhh! No, I didn't give it away... keep your antennae down!)

3. Oh my goodness! I thought that today was Saturday...come on kids, hurry!

2. Noooooope.Me 'n Bubba jes' learns 'em at home. Werks reel good!

And the number one answer we should NEVER give to the question: "What? No school today?"

1. "What? No Bingo today?"

I personally like number five best, LOL! Thanks!

We were going in to a restaurant for lunch yesterday and a couple who live in our neighborhood and whose kids do things with mine all the time were sitting outstide. They should know after all these years that we homeschool, but the mom said, "Playing hooky today?"

It's funny that I'm always so focused on our routine that I can never think of cute little quips like these. Such remarks always take me off guard and sort of momentarily stun or confuse me. They just seem so out of place to me. I just said, "Noooo, just having lunch....." And I sort of looked at her funny. It didn't occur to me until we got inside that she obviously doesn't "know"..... guess she does now....

I have actually used a form of #3!!

I ran out to the store early on a weekday morning before we began our work for the day (we start at 9:30), and dd10 insisted on coming with me. I didn't think much of it until the clerk asked, "What, no school today?" I answered, "Yes, not yet", looked at my watch, and acted flustered and in a hurry to get going, insinuating that we were headed to school but just running late (which was, in fact, the case :001_smile:).

We were going in to a restaurant for lunch yesterday and a couple who live in our neighborhood and whose kids do things with mine all the time were sitting outstide. They should know after all these years that we homeschool, but the mom said, "Playing hooky today?"

Nope, just having lunch off-campus! I've used that, and people seem to get it.