Menu

Is there a test for reading comprehension

that I can get for free or inexpensively? I'm reading through Visualizing and Verbalizing right now' date=' and I'd like to be able to measure my daughter's before and after somehow.

Thanks in advance![/quote']

This one tests both reading level and comprehension. The web site is a big confusing so I will give you the direct link to the free sign in page here. Once you get the password, you can down load the testing material by grade level. You just give them a timed reading test and then ask the questions. The teacher's material tells you exactly how to read the results for the grade level your child is in.

Heather

• 2 weeks later...
I looked on the DIBELS site but couldn't find a test for comprehension???? Am I missing it? (Which is ENTIRELY possible!)

You have to log on to get access to that part. Have you done the free sign up thing? From what I remember after that the only material they allow you to access is for testing. You just download the test and teacher's material for the grade you need. Though I also remember there being more than you need and it was a temptation to print too much. :D

Heather

Maybe I didn't look closely enough at the tests?????? All I could see were things like phoneme awareness, oral fluency, etc. I couldn't see anything about comprehension.:confused:

If I remember right the oral fluency is the tests and the comprehension pieces is part of the test.

Basically you set a timer and see how far they can read aloud in x minuets (something like 3), then I think there were comp questions you were to ask. I just can't remember if they were in the teacher section or elsewhere....

Heather

Ya, I heard the newest version of Megawords has fluency work. Now I know what that looks like, cool!

Heather

Yep, after they read the list for proficiency, they read a passage, and you see how fast they can do it in. There are a *few* comprehension questions, but not a lot. But I like the focus on fluency.