Menu

WWE Question for 3rd and 5th

ktwensel

We have done very little narration and dictation. We are going to be focusing on these areas this year.

My question is, being that we haven't done very much of these, where should we start with WWE? Should I keep them in the same level?

DD gets side tracked, and DS hates to write.

I think you should get The Complete Writer and work through it in order-starting with level 1 week 1. There are only 4 or 5 weeks for each level, but I bet that would be enough for levels one and two and may even get you mostly through level 3 or at least enough you could finish with your own selections.

If you don't want to get the text, then I'd probably say level 2. But I wouldn't make a 5th grader do 36 weeks at that level (assuming she is picking things up).

I have a 3rd grade DS and 5th grade DD and I put the 3rd grader in WWE 1 and the narration is perfect for him. He also hates to write and he enjoys this, it makes him think and it's not too difficult. I thought starting easy and moving quickly would be better than starting at a more difficult level and have him shut down on me. My 5th grade DD I put in WWE 2 because of the longer dictation in WWE3. WWE 2 has also been perfect for her...again, not too hard, but enjoyable and she looks forward to doing it. Her narrations are so much better than when we started!