Menu

I decided to have the Mirena IUD. Please tell me this isn't a mistake

I had this done about a month ago because I have non-stop bleeding. Yep, a constant period (maybe I should rename mine "etc" since a period comes at an end of something :tongue_smilie:). Anyway, it actually got worse for a few weeks which I thought was impossible but now it's settled back to exactly where it was before. No changes. Still bleeding. I'm fed up!

I've had mine for 4.5 years. I love it. I don't remember insertion other than I know I was nursing at the same time. (That was a first for my doc.) Some minor cramping after insertion, and some light spotting off/on for about 2 months. I haven't had a full period since I got pregnant with my son (yes, he's 6).

We had to pay out of pocket for the Mirena (and insertion), as it wasn't covered at all by the insurance, and it was well worth it!

I have asthma, and eczema. Neither has changed due to Mirena. Also, I had a hard time with the hormones in many BCPs, but haven't been bothered at all with mood changes, etc with Mirena.

thank you to all for sharing your experiences.

This was such a hard decision to make. I keep going back to the days of when women didn't have anything to help with periods. Should I let nature take its course?

I am not overy thrilled about synthetic hormones. But I am not overly crazy about getting my periods every two weeks either.

I do not need to do anything right away, and I can always change my mind. I am going to do more thinking about it before I actually go through with it.

In the meantime, I am going to do a search on the boards about natural Progesterone, as someone suggested. I want to keep all of my options open.

:grouphug:and thank you!