Menu

Jump around in SOTW??

kailuamom

I am teaching a SOTW: Middle Ages coop and we have more chapters than meetings. Is it ok to skip some chapters? Or do you think it is better to go chapter by chapter and not finish the book? I am thinking that the way the stories are set up -- that the whole books cover the Middle Ages time frame -- that we can skip over some chapters and still get a lot out of the book. Any thoughts???

TIA!

We skip around a little. I know that some people are very gung ho in favor of history being as chronological as possible. However, we do things part chronological and part geographical - I feel like the kids get more out of it that way. I feel like you could combine certain chapters easily. For others, you could make a decision to skip it or for it to be enrichment for families to do at home.

There's also a list somewhere that someone compiled that broke all four SOTW books into regions by chapter. I've seen that posted and linked a couple of times.