Menu

ARRRGGG - Overslept the day of observation

Apparently, today was the day the observer was coming to observe Catherine at her preschool. I didn't know this. Her teacher had forwarded me an email, but she sent it yesterday and yesterday was the ONE day that I didn't check my email. Then this morning we overslept. School starts and 9 and we got there at 9:10 or so, so it's not that big a deal, but I just hate getting off on the wrong foot! We're not usually late! Just feel very stupid.

I know what you mean. I HATE being late for important appointments. Fortunately, 10 minutes or so late to pre-school on observation day isn't nearly as bad as sleeping so late you miss an entire appointment- happened to me a couple of weeks ago when my cell phone went screwy & my alarm didn't go off.

I also would be less inclined to worry about it because I think Sundays are a day when people shouldn't HAVE to check their e-mail. In any case, e-mail should not be used when the matter is urgent because some days, people just don't have the flexibility to be checking all day long. Also, people who get their mail on their cell phone often don't understand that those of us who don't aren't tied to our mail on a minute-by-minute basis.