Menu

ROBIN HOOD - the Russell Crowe Movie ----

My dc saw it (9 & 12 yo) & enjoyed it. My dd absolutely loves this movie & wants us to get a copy on dvd.

I think you can get a pretty good overall feel of the movie from the previews. If those seem ok to you & your dc, you will probably be ok w/ the movie.

ETA: The LoTR comparison is reasonable. If you are ok w/ LoTR, this should be no problem. Also, this story is a 'pre-story' of Robin Hood, so it's not really the Robin Hood story you probably know & are familiar with; basically, the end of the movie sets it up so that a sequel (if one is made) would segue into the traditional Robin Hood tales.

Edited by Stacia

Hmm...it's been just long enough... and had to go read a quick review to be sure...

To me, if you allow your child to watch Lord of the Rings 2 & 3 and were okay with it, then Robin Hood would be fine.

If you haven't allowed LOTR, then no.

My dc saw it (9 & 12 yo) & enjoyed it. My dd absolutely loves this movie & wants us to get a copy on dvd.

I think you can get a pretty good overall feel of the movie from the previews. If those seem ok to you & your dc, you will probably be ok w/ the movie.

ETA: The LoTR comparison is reasonable. If you are ok w/ LoTR, this should be no problem. Also, this story is a 'pre-story' of Robin Hood, so it's not really the Robin Hood story you probably know & are familiar with; basically, the end of the movie sets it up so that a sequel (if one is made) would segue into the traditional Robin Hood tales.

I would say it's probably okay for that age, but be aware that it is NOT the Robin Hood story you know. It's a good story, but it's not RH and I found that disappointing.

I agree with the LOTR comparison. There are a few scenes in Robin Hood that have a bit of gore, but I don't recall anything being excessive or too explicit. The IMDB parental content guide covers everything if you want to know in advance.

Thank you ALL -- this is extremely helpful!:)

DH and I got about an hour into it last night. We finally turned it off because we were exhausted, but what we've seen we've liked. just a heads up, there is a sort of love scene in the beginning where the prince is hooking up with the french girl...alot of giggling and rolling around on the sheets. We'll finish watching it tonight.