Menu

Sister Wives..the show...

I foresee that lots of drama in that family not only because of the new 'wife' but because they are under a microscope now. Wife 1 always looks like she is on the verge of a breakdown. It seems like she almost enjoys dropping tidbits of dirty laundry or insights on camera (the in-vitro discussion etc). I get a vibe from her that she has a lot of suppressed anger. Robyn is so unlike the others. She knows that she is younger and in better shape than the others (this may change pretty quickly after living in that home). IMO it would be normal for the other wives to be jealous. There will be big problems when Robyn has all the fun and dates while the others are expected to watch her children. Her children have some issues that IMO wouldn't be well addressed by living this new lifestyle. This is where the suppression comes in. They are told it is wrong to feel that way. I wonder what the long term physical and mental effects of this kind of suppression create? I suspect that living with narcissistic Kody would be a recipe for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Thought I could never be in a poly relationship, or agree with the faith aspect, I have to respect how they believe in it and are working so hard to abide by those beliefs.

:iagree:

I love shows like this! I am always interested in how other people live--anyone with a different relationship, belief, faith, etc...than my own. The positive side that I like on this show---the children do seem to truly care for all of their siblings and their parents!

I'm in Utah, and our HS laws are pretty simple. No reporting of grades, no required testing, no inspection by public schools. We simply have to get a notarized affidavit to the school district every year, and promise to teach the children in the required subjects. It's great for those parents who do a good job HSing, and not so great for those who just pull their kids out and don't teach them.

I haven't seen that show, but I've heard about it in the local news, as a pp posted the link. And no, they are not Mormon. Real Mormons, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, do not practice polygamy. However, in the Salt Lake City area, there are quite a few polygamous families. I see them from time to time. I am certain there are enough families to form a school. I am speaking of the old-fashioned type who dress differently. It would be hard to pick out the modern polygamous families at the grocery store, when they dress just like everyone else.

What I found a little peculiar was watching Robyn getting ready for her wedding by herself.... I was expecting to see the sister wives all helping her to get ready....or at least helping out with the children....or Robyn getting ready at the *main* home. There was a disturbance in the force over that one --you can tell as they were discussing it together--telling Robyn that if she would have told someone she needed help with the children that they would have gladly helped out...hmmmm. No one seemed to think of asking her if she needed help on her wedding day??

I know they said that there isn't room in the main home for Robyn and her children--but it seems that living separate from the other wives and children could create more problems.

Maybe--Robyn will be the one that can talk Kody out of that awful hairdo??

And his little, sporty car? he just comes across as a midlife crisis single guy, not a guy with 13 kids and 3 step-kids. Yuck!

We won't even discuss the car:glare:. I mean, really dude? You have 13 kids, 3 step-kids, and you're prancing around in a convertible Lexus? Barf.

Actually, I had a flash of Dumb and Dumber ...especially when he revealed his balding and was trying to fix his hair by shaking his head wildly. LOL

(and this was the first time we had watched the show too..agreed, interesting and appalling all at once)

:lol::lol::lol:

If you get a chance to see him on Oprah, watch how he flips his hair around every 5 seconds, it's really gross.

Yup!!!

And his little, sporty car? he just comes across as a midlife crisis single guy, not a guy with 13 kids and 3 step-kids. Yuck!

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was a 'product placement ad' and it was either a gift/loaner from Lexus or TLC. Just about anything you see on TV that has a brand....was specifically placed there by the company itself.

Ha! This is great...

I couldn't stop watching it once I started, even though I told myself it was going to be really stupid and had made a serious effort over the last several weeks NOT to watch it, I guess I was caught in a moment of weakness.

I am fascinated by the dynamics of the five. I think the first 3 wives are great, but that Robin girl...mmhmmm... You know how some guys go out and by a motercycle when they have a midlife crisis, Kody went out and got a new wife. I really just feel she will not last long there, or at the minimum there will be lots of tension. I kind of get the feeling that she is jockeying for alpha wife and the other wives do not really approve of her, no matter how hard they try to spin it like they do. Not to mention, and please I do not mean offense by this to anyone with special needs children, but her oldest has Asperger's. I'm not sure how that whole dynamic is going to work. My cousin has Asperger's and a change like that would through her over the edge...

Plan on them moving next season. That's what Janelle said, she couldn't wait until they get a bigger house so that they can each have their own quarters like they do now, but bigger.