Menu

How to add more pages to a lapbook?

Snowfall

We're doing our 3rd ever lapbook, and the last one we did was over a year ago. I remember back then reading how to put to folders together to make an extra large one, but now I can't find that information again. Can anyone tell me where I might find it or how to do it? We're lapbooking The Great Kapok Tree and we really can't fit it all in with just one folder. Thanks so much!

There are several things you can do. If you want to keep it all in one but add more space, you can packing-tape a piece of cardstock to the upper or lower edge of the lapbook, it will work like a flip-up (or flip-down) page and give you lots of extra space. (You can even do both, the kids love the "hidden" pages!)

If you want to add a full extra folder, all you do is glue-dot or packing-tape the outside of the small flaps of the folders together - you make it a double lapbook.

Not sure if this is making much sense, but if you download the freebie from www.handsofachild.com (click on the "freebie" button in the upper left hand corner), there'll be a diagram that shows how to do it, right before the pictures of the finished product. (You'll also get a great free unit that lets you lapbook any artist - it can be used over and over again :) )

Hope that helps!

There are several things you can do. If you want to keep it all in one but add more space, you can packing-tape a piece of cardstock to the upper or lower edge of the lapbook, it will work like a flip-up (or flip-down) page and give you lots of extra space. (You can even do both, the kids love the "hidden" pages!)

If you want to add a full extra folder, all you do is glue-dot or packing-tape the outside of the small flaps of the folders together - you make it a double lapbook.

Not sure if this is making much sense, but if you download the freebie from www.handsofachild.com (click on the "freebie" button in the upper left hand corner), there'll be a diagram that shows how to do it, right before the pictures of the finished product. (You'll also get a great free unit that lets you lapbook any artist - it can be used over and over again :) )

Hope that helps!

You can also add the cardstock flaps so that they open to the sides. I have a couple of pictures on my blog if it would help to see them. The farm lapbooks have side-opening flaps (including a double one), the spider lapbook has a top-opening flap (it's about halfway through the post--I just realized I still haven't gone back and done a complete post about it), and the snake lapbook is two folders glued together like Kates described.

You may have already found it, but this Squidoo lens on lapbooking and notebooking has been really helpful to me: http://www.squidoo.com/groups/NotebooksNLapbooks