Menu

If you have a Samsung Fascinate,

do you have problems using the internet? I've had this phone for 2 weeks and I'm about to return it and get something else. Searching the web takes forever, and it often freezes up. Everything else works great but I'm really frustrated with the internet issues.

Are all Fascinates like this, or did I get a dud?

No problems with mine but I'm coming off of an iphone 1G so this seems really fast to me.

I think I might have fixed it. My dd had set up live wallpaper and that was using a ton of RAM. I changed the wallpaper and closed all the apps, and that freed up a bunch of RAM. It's working much better now. Maybe I'll give it a couple more days.

Mine is very fast - I have actually been very amazed.

Are you running the Task Killer daily? Don't know if that will help or not, but the salesperson told us that it needs to be done daily.

Glad that changing the wallpaper helped. What is it with kids and changing the settings on the phone?! :glare: Every time DS hands me mine back, something has been changed.

Mine is very fast - I have actually been very amazed.

Are you running the Task Killer daily?

It's running great now. The wallpaper was the problem.

What is the Task Killer? No one told me about that. I did find the place in Task Manager where you can end the apps. Is that it, or is there something else?

It's running great now. The wallpaper was the problem.

What is the Task Killer? No one told me about that. I did find the place in Task Manager where you can end the apps. Is that it, or is there something else?

There's a task killer app, but I've heard from two people (both with androids and techy) opposite opinions. One says to download it and the other says the nature of the OS makes it unnecessary. I would think the Task Manager serves the same purpose, but maybe the app makes it more user friendly. Don't know.