Menu

Georgia high school homeschoolers

I have a standardized test question for those of you from Georgia. I heard that colleges do not consider the SAT/ACT test to be the same as say the ITBS. They still expect to see you administering those tests, too.

I know in GA you are supposed to start by at least 3rd grade and test at least every 3 years. Does the testing in high school have to be 9th and 12th, or at least once in the last 3 years she is in high school?

We have tested every other year so far, so she just tested last year in 7th. If I waited until 10th to do it again, she would meet the 3 year requirement if I understand it correctly.

I have a standardized test question for those of you from Georgia. I heard that colleges do not consider the SAT/ACT test to be the same as say the ITBS. They still expect to see you administering those tests, too.

I know in GA you are supposed to start by at least 3rd grade and test at least every 3 years. Does the testing in high school have to be 9th and 12th, or at least once in the last 3 years she is in high school?

We have tested every other year so far, so she just tested last year in 7th. If I waited until 10th to do it again, she would meet the 3 year requirement if I understand it correctly.

For colleges, you do not need the ITBS, just the SAT or ACT. The law says testing must occur every three years during elementary and middle school. However, I used the ITBS up through the 7th grade every year to benchmark progress (sort of a "How am I doing as a teacher?" thing). In PS, highschoolers take an "end of subject test" they have to pass before getting full credit for the course. I use the SAT-II (subject tests) for that purpose. I also started having my kids take the ACT (with writing) in the 8th grade every year so they could get practice taking that kind of test in a school setting (in lieu of the ITBS).

When your dc apply to college, the colleges will not care about ITBS scores at all (at least in my experience). The only scores they want to see are SAT, SAT-II, ACT, AP, or CLEP.