Menu

My dc are liking SL Science so much

happyWImom

We may switch to all SL! Am I crazy????

I've agonized over this before-"Do we go with SL, SOTW, MFW,HOD-you name it", and thought I was at peace with things. Then, we started using SL Science 2, and it's been fantastic. And they love books so much.....

Maybe I'm just going through my discontented fase?

Who uses SL for everything? (Although I do love FLL & WWE)

And why?

I have used SL's cores P4/5, 1, 2, and started 3 this year. I tried Science 1 this year, and it seems OK. Compared to the cores, the science program has more activities and fewer books. So if your kids are happiest doing the activities, you may want to stick with something like the SOTW activity guide. But frankly, my kids are happiest reading, so the science provides enough activities and they get the largest number of books with the core.

Hope that helps.

I have done several history cores and one science core with my oldest. What I found was that there is just a lot of information jammed in, and overall retention was pretty low. What I have decided to do with for my youngers (at least for this year) is Sonlight readers only. The readers have been an absolute hit, I'm always amazed by how great their selections are. I think I will continue to use SL as a resource, but I don't know about it for a full core. Maybe Core 5, I'm not sure I could pass on that one. I don't think you would lose anything by trying. It may be a total hit for your family!

I do love MFW Adventures, I guess I wish we could do some Ancients, too! And, I love SL and their books. And, I've got a Core 1, plus a Core 1&2 here that I've never used, and have been itching to!

How can we fit it all in??????:confused: (Other than spending 8 hours a day doing school-no thanks):001_smile:

My kids really like SL Science too. We are currently using K, 3, and 5 with the older two using Apologia with the SL guide.

Ooh, that's perfect-I have all of the Apologia guides, and I love the idea of using them with the SL Science. There's so much great stuff, I am always so happy when I can figure out a way to combine things.