Menu

Who likes Schoolhouse Rock?

treestarfae

We just watched Grammar Rock and America Rock tonight! Thanks for the link. My dh, a public school teacher, were talking about how they want kids to score better on tests. Maybe they should revive these, although they are probably too politically incorrect. They could definitely make some kind of "teaching" shorts between kids' tv shows, though.

My oldest used her spending money to buy the DVD set will the bulk of the songs on it. She informed me it does not have the earth day songs on it.

She loves it so much she has been doing an informal poll to see which songs people like the best/worst. Her favorite is Mr. Morton. She's pretty good at picking out the parts of sentences too.:001_smile:

We love them here. We have the DVD's and on school days each child gets to choose one to watch. We love the Sasperilla (Pronouns) one and Interplanet Janet was popular while we were studying the planets! Actually, we love a lot of them! Hard to pick favorites! I catch my 5 y/o singing them often and my 8 y/o started pronouns this week and actually made a connection between the SHR and her text! :001_smile:

No link necessary for me! I was a grammar school student when these were on with the Saturday morning cartoons. "Interjections! Show excitement! Or emotion!" Should I sing The Preamble too? :D

I've been using it in conjunction with FLL with my dd, who's fascinated by the whole feel (grooviness?) of the DVDs.

I will now be singing "Conjunction Junction" for the remainder of the day---------that's what happens whenever I see/hear/read anything about Schoolhouse Rock. My husband sings "I'm just a bill up on Capitol Hill..." I guess the songs were imprinted on us every Saturday morning :lol:

We have the anniversary edition with all the videos except earth, and then the Earth DVD separately. My DD LOVES them-and I will say that now that we've gotten to multiplication, it's going really quickly when we play with the manipulatives and it clicks that "Hey, this is what was on schoolhouse rock!"