Menu

DH just asked me if I would want to tell my boss that I'm no longer available...

...to freelance as of January. Uh, yeah, MAYBE!!!!

:svengo: :w00t: :party:

He says he's comfortable now with how our finances would be without me working and that I can go ahead--even after this round if I want to!

I'm giddy! This round of projects hasn't even been that bad, but he knows how much I hate it and how hard I'm trying to hang on. I know some of you are familiar with my story and have walked far on this road with me and have mentioned thinking of me--thank you for all of your support. I'm so close to the end that I can taste it. Now it's gut check time as to whether I stop freelancing now or in January (I'm thinking of how nice it would be to recoup a little bit financially after Christmas :001_huh:). It's not going to be an easy decision!

I need to post my thoughts and thanks on my other recent thread, because I've been evaluating our lives in light of much of your advice and some things have really stood out to me, but in the meantime, I wanted to post this (because it just happened and I was excited :D).

(Also, just my disclaimer: DH never forbade me from quitting or anything. He was just very worried about being the sole provider for the first time ever while working in a sales field in a down market, and he very strongly wanted me to keep freelancing so we could have some kind of cushion, however small. If he HAD forbade me, I probably would have quit on the spot :lol: But it wasn't that kind of situation.)

(Also, just my disclaimer: DH never forbade me from quitting or anything. He was just very worried about being the sole provider for the first time ever while working in a sales field in a down market, and he very strongly wanted me to keep freelancing so we could have some kind of cushion, however small. If he HAD forbade me, I probably would have quit on the spot :lol: But it wasn't that kind of situation.)

You could always spring another baby on him.:smilielol5: