Menu

school weirdness...

So I'm walking home from dropping off PDG to 1st grade this morning, and I see a man walking slowly (more like strutting) in front of the school wearing high heel black pumps.

Yesterday we had received an email from the district asking us to be on the lookout for men acting oddly around our schools as there have been some incidents of men approaching children at a nearby school this past week.

Please, please, please DH, let's be done with PS and bring her back home!

So I'm walking home from dropping off PDG to 1st grade this morning, and I see a man walking slowly (more like strutting) in front of the school wearing high heel black pumps.

Yesterday we had received an email from the district asking us to be on the lookout for men acting oddly around our schools as there have been some incidents of men approaching children at a nearby school this past week.

:blink: Have you had a chance to tell him about it yet?

I dunno. I don't see anything inherently wrong with a man wearing pumps (or any other clothing traditionally for women) as long as he isn't doing anything inappropriate (flashing, talking to the kids, following people, etc.). If he's approaching kids, I hope the school called law enforcement.

To be fair, you can get this anywhere. Once I saw a man at the public library dressed in hot pink capri pants and a floral blouse.

I dunno. I don't see anything inherently wrong with a man wearing pumps (or any other clothing traditionally for women) as long as he isn't doing anything inappropriate (flashing, talking to the kids, following people, etc.). If he's approaching kids, I hope the school called law enforcement.

The Asst. Principal (who stands at one of the crosswalks to monitor traffic) saw him and was reporting it to the office as we crossed the street. I called DH as we were walking home (my neighbor was walking with me, and while he didn't see the actual individual, he did overhear the Asst. Prinicipal's conversation).

To be fair, you can get this anywhere. Once I saw a man at the public library dressed in hot pink capri pants and a floral blouse.

Yeah, the girls have seen some interesting ensembles... they picked up on the unusual nature of the clothing and made comments.

The main reason for my concern is because of the specific incidents this very week at the school 2 blocks away - men approaching children and asking them about their activities, when they had recess, etc... The principal went into every classroom at PDG and warned the children about grown ups approaching them and trying to engage them in conversation. As a side note, PDG raised her hand and (bless her) explained that her Daddy had told her to shout, "YOU'RE NOT MY DADDY" and to run away screaming as fast and loud as she could if this were to ever happen to her.

Edited by BikeBookBread

A man strutting in black pumps out in society somewhere...ok, weird, but not something I'd call the cops about.

A man strutting by my child's early elementary school, knowing that men in odd clothing choices have been intentionally approaching children at that school...darn skippy I'd report it, and beg dh to homeschool. That's not alternative clothing choices, that's a precursor to child molesting.

I would hesitate to report anyone just based on their clothing alone. Is it possible to do anything but strut in heels?

I live in a very rural area. Our paper guy cross-dresses. He delivers papers all year round in heels (past several schools as well). He is the sweetest man.

I know his choices have not made his life the easiest. I'd hate to see someone make them harder because he happens to walk by a school every day for his job.

Your mileage may vary on this, but it's my opinion.

A man strutting in black pumps out in society somewhere...ok, weird, but not something I'd call the cops about.

A man strutting by my child's early elementary school, knowing that men in odd clothing choices have been intentionally approaching children at that school...darn skippy I'd report it, and beg dh to homeschool. That's not alternative clothing choices, that's a precursor to child molesting.

Good point. First thing I thought -- are the pumps too small? Could this be someone's crossing dressing dad? Bunions? Walking in pain??

If not, then yup -- 'tis creepy. He needs to walk elsewhere away from the kiddos. Yikes.

This man has the right to dress and walk how he pleases, But he is choosing his audience to be school children. I think any grown up knows not to hang out in front of a school. It just does not sit right in heels or sneakers; there are other places for this guy to hang out.