Menu

OK, quick, what is your favorite "pick me up" drink in the mid-day?

I am dragging!! I have cut back on coffee because of heart palpitations and tenderness of the... books... I only drink it in the morning and wont buy it while out and about (Starbucks) anymore or fix it mid-day.

I do not drink "diet" because I just can't put sugar substitutes in me...

I am feeling a little tempted by an ice cold soda... but, I cringe a little at the sugar content.

But, I have been working out 4 mornings a week, so I can ignore the sugar content one day, right??

What's your favorite?

Iced Tea?

Dr. Pepper?

Wild Cherry Pepsi?

Root Beer?

Ice cold "other" beer? LOL (I like a very cold Pacifico with Mexican food...mmm)

Homemade coconut milk kefir with a "blended berry ice cube" and 5 drops of stevia liquid.

Drink sugar if you like BUT NOT SODA!! Soda is so bad for you in so many ways - not the least is the high fructose corn syrup. Make some home-made lemonade or limeade, or gingerbeer, or flavored tea with plain old sugar. (soda is yucky...repeat this over and over until you believe it. :D)

I am allergic to chai tee... drats...

I am allergic to carrots, too, but I used to juice them!

I don't like soda... I always tell myself it is yucky. I've never liked it much...

If I have to get a fast food, I will get bottled water before I'd get a soda.

I DO like tea's though... I'm going to have to get up a collection of teas, particularly with winter on it's way... that may do it!

But, I have been working out 4 mornings a week, so I can ignore the sugar content one day, right??

No!

For me, it depends on what time it is. If it's before 3p, then it's green tea with lemon in a coffee mug. If it's after 3pm, it's about 2 inches of red wine in a coffee mug. Both seem to do the trick for me.

Oh, Laura, You're such a meanie!! But, I'll thank you later, right?

Guess I'll get a glass of water for now... wont be much of a "pick-me-up" but I am excited to have fresh bread, garlic and dipping oil/balsamic vinegar... I just need to get excited about something, right? Then the energy will follow, right?