Menu

Finished grammar early

jabuford

what do you suggest for study over the summer. I have found serveral websites, but nothing that suits us. My children are 5th and 7th next year. I might as well begin doing that grade level. I have 17 long days left, plus we will probably keep going into the summer with it. What do you all suggest? Thanks

I'm starting LLATL with my dc now and going through the summer. It covers all LA, just not as in depth as stand alone programs. Most lessons are completed in 30 min. or less. My dc are loving it so far. I had planned to give it a trial run over the summer, but now my plan is to just keep going with it. There are book studies in each level, so that will help in keep the dc reading over the summer. In the fall, I will add the stand alone programs (spelling, grammar, lit) back into the mix for my older dc (5th and 7th!), but let LLATL stand alone for my youngers (2nd, 3rd). If you don't want a full program like this, you could always just go back in their grammar book and review any concepts that they might not have really "gotten", KWIM? I'm sure others will have more ideas!

... so maybe these suggestions won't help you at all :). But we started Lively Latin when we finished our grammar for this year, and we really are enjoying it. I like that it covers so many different areas - history, grammar, vocabulary, etc. It makes it a great summer program IMO.

You might also consider doing composition assignments on various areas of interest. That will reinforce grammar and vocabulary along with science, history, literature or whatever topic you assigned.

Enjoy the rest of your school year :).

SBP