Menu

56.5 days completed, and I've lost our groove.

I like most of the stuff we're using. I've had to make a few adjustments, but nothing huge. I do need to make a few more changes, but my head is spinning, and I can't seem to settle it down and focus. I feel like we're (I'm ?) stretched a bit too thin, but dropping anything isn't really an option. The boys still have plenty of free time (they're outside now doing some sort of Civil War reenactment), and they're learning a lot and making progress. But I feel like my brain is in a constant state of overdrive, and I just can't seem to calm it down enough to prioritize and get a handle and a plan to complete all that I need to do. I feel like I'm in a constant state of catch-up, and I end up paralyzed and not doing anything except spinning my wheels.

So what do you do when you've lost your groove?

I like most of the stuff we're using. I've had to make a few adjustments, but nothing huge. I do need to make a few more changes, but my head is spinning, and I can't seem to settle it down and focus. I feel like we're (I'm ?) stretched a bit too thin, but dropping anything isn't really an option. The boys still have plenty of free time (they're outside now doing some sort of Civil War reenactment), and they're learning a lot and making progress. But I feel like my brain is in a constant state of overdrive, and I just can't seem to calm it down enough to prioritize and get a handle and a plan to complete all that I need to do. I feel like I'm in a constant state of catch-up, and I end up paralyzed and not doing anything except spinning my wheels.

So what do you do when you've lost your groove?

I try not to dwell on what I might have done better in the past and just make an effort to do one good day today. There are subjects that I will just keep plugging along with, like math, because they are sequential.

But sometimes with history or science, I have to just let it go and decide that knowing everything about Greece or Egypt isn't worth getting behind on starting Rome or moving into the Middle Ages.

Don't try to get a whole semester's groove back. Just try to do one good day. Then repeat tomorrow.

1) Take a little break- if you've done all this schooling with no breaks yet, maybe it's time. Then you'd give yourself the gift of a little time to get your ducks in a row.

2) Skip a little if you're falling just a bit behind and want to get back on track. It's not going to mean the end of the world.

3) Incorporate quiet time into your day. This will also help you to not feel so much like your head is spinning.

I'll be thinking about you!

Bless your heart and all of you...I'm with you...this is our first year hsing all four kids and we started the year out doing Abeka Academy for everything...ugh. So, as I try not to think about the money we spent on all of this curriculum/videos, we are still using the math and Bible and phonics/language for the younger ones...but trying to do WTM on everything else and my head continues to spin. I keep feeling like there's not enough time in the day. Especially for my ds in 5th grade.. to do latin and spanish and writing (those are the ones we're not doing enough of)... I need something, but I'm not sure what... BTW, anyone know how I can find the abbreviations for all your curriculum mentioned? I'm new and am so interested in what's out there that's good and classical... I could ask tons of questions here, because I also can't figure out how to post a question/new post....sigh. And I don't have time to be surfing all day :)... even though I'd love to...to escape my reality!:lol:

HELP!!:chillpill: