Menu

What do I NEED for HWOT?

delaney

I'd say the Teacher's Manual for that age is helpful for correct pencil grip, etc, (Totally not necessary after PreK or K, whichever you start with). My 4yo isn't quite ready for the workbook yet in terms of his fine motor skills but I found these cards on homeschool share and laminated them for daily practice (I am trying to link them here but I keep getting an error message from their site) Google them if you get a chance, maybe HWT cards +homeschoolshare, they work really well for us. He loves them!

I'd say the Teacher's Manual for that age is helpful for correct pencil grip, etc, (Totally not necessary after PreK or K, whichever you start with). My 4yo isn't quite ready for the workbook yet in terms of his fine motor skills but I found these cards on homeschool share and laminated them for daily practice (I am trying to link them here but I keep getting an error message from their site) Google them if you get a chance, maybe HWT cards +homeschoolshare, they work really well for us. He loves them!

Good to know because his pencil grip is.......interesting to say the least. He can cut, build with small legos, but not the pencil grip. Well at least he has a perfect spiral when he throws the football!:tongue_smilie:

I will get the manual, wooden letters(for durability), tray, and make some cards. I can provide the dough and a salt box for him. Maybe in a few months he will get the workbook. He was doing straight line tracing today and it was a bit of a train wreck with his grip the way it is!