Menu

How much do you pay for your Iphone?

A ridiculous amount - honestly.

We have the lowest cell phone plan, but there's a $30 data fee to use any of the features. Plus $5 for 200 texts, because apparently no one thinks about the fact that I might not pay for texting and it charges me for every text I receive.

I don't think it's possible to use an Iphone for less than $80-90/month after taxes.

Bud and I both have them and our bill is between $140-150 per month. This is with the lowest number of minutes and texts for a family plan, because we're not big talkers. I dropped my house line when I got my iPhone and that has worked out pretty well.

I had the cheapest possible, prepaid minutes phone prior to this. I'm not a big cell phone person. But I LOVE my iPhone. I love being able to check emails, snap photos to send to friends, keep my calendar on it, have my music and podcasts on it, etc. I've got a great grocery list app that makes me very happy!

You will love it if you can convince yourself to spend the money, which is a big leap from my own experience, lol!

My husband and I both have one and it's about $105.55 a month, unless we go over our data, but the most has been $124. Really when we added my phone it wasn't much more than what he was already paying. We use a text free app. Really unless someone sends us a text message, it's still cheaper than paying the $5 for texting, we'd have to get quite a few texts to add up to $5. Occasionally we do, but it's usually only a dollar or two a month.

I think we paid $200 for our iphones (each one) a year ago.

My husband and I have a family plan. Thankfully, we get a 22% discount with AT&T because his company has an agreement with them. Then his company pays $75/month for the phone service. Our bill is about $122 a month after our discount, but before the $75 his company pays. If you have a family plan, you have to pay $20 or $30 for unlimited texts. You can't buy 200 texts for $5, which I think is hogwash. So we pay for each text because we never do enough to cover the monthly fee for the family plan.

If you or your husband work for a big company, see if they have an agreement with AT&T so you can get a discount.

If you have AT&T already and you have rollover minutes, your rollover minutes will be reduced to the number of minutes/month you pick. So if you pick the 700 minute plan and have 2000 minutes right now, your 2000 will be reduced to 700. We have never paid for extra minutes because of the rollover minutes. Thankfully. There was one month we dug into those rollover minutes and used 400 of them, but that was when we were in the process of moving and had to make a bunch of phone calls. Some of my friends I talk to the most on the phone have AT&T, so those go mobile-to-mobile.

We have FOUR Android smartphones on T-Mobile with unlimited text messaging, unlimited picture messaging and unlimited internet. Two of the phones have unlimited voice as well. There is also a fifth phone with just voice minutes. Total cost is ~$200.00 plus tax.

This is using the new plan which provides up to three extra lines FREE until 2012 ($5.00 per line starting in 2012). The new G2 phone is available now on T-Mobile, also.

Edited by RegGuheert

The bill for dh and I runs around $160 a month.

Same here. We have unlimited texting, unlimited data and (I think) 1400 shared minutes.

BUT, I wouldn't sign up for an iphone now because the data plans have changed since we signed up. NOW the data plans are not unlimited. For the price we pay for unlimited you would now only be able to stream Pandora for 2 hours and your data would be done for the month. That's terrible.

Verizon and T-Mobile carry Droid phones that rival the iphone.

DH and I both have iphone 4s. We had to pay $200 for each phone up front. We pay $113.73/mo for both of us. That includes 200 texts each, a $15 data plan for 200 megabyes (so $30 for both of us). Not sure how many minutes we have, but we haven't gone over since most of our heavy calls are other at&t users.