Menu

So I was walking at the YMCA...

....in the early afternoon, and I joined a group of senior citizens on their walk. Our Y has a large indoor track and only the middle stretches are visible to each other. The ends go through hallways and your view is obscured.

As I starting walking, I quickly picked up my pace and passed the seniors. Every few laps I would pass them and smile politely. Eventually the two gentlemen were in a separate group from the ladies. As I passed the ladies for the fourth time, they were remarking about the young lady on the track who was very fit. I started walking faster because I was curious to see what this young lady looked like. As I passed the gentlemen, they were discussing the young lady's "sassy swing". I could never catch up to the young lady even after I ran a couple of laps.

At the end of my walk, I was stretching at the only entrance to the track. Both groups of seniors passed me, and from their comments, I realized I was the "young" lady!!!

At 44 years old and 25lbs overweight, I was the "fit" and "sassy" young lady! Maybe I need to hang out with these people. ;)

That's awesome! Your new screen name can be Fit and Sassy!

I love the Y too. Last night I was told that I had an amazing breast stroke, pure natural talent (I'm 49). Later I was told that my flutter kick was all over the place, but we won't think about that one. lol

My high school Spanish teachers was about 5'4" and had light brown hair. She said she loved going to Mexico, because everywhere she went, people would talk about "the tall blonde." It took her a while to realize they were talking about her. :D

Good for you for walking! I wish our Y had an indoor track. We just have treadmills. :glare:

:iagree: what an ego boost. Next time you go to work out can you call me? I'll meet you there.

No kidding, we all might exercise more with that sort of support!

OK, I'll call both of you to join me for my next walk. We can really give them something to talk about. ;)

My high school Spanish teachers was about 5'4" and had light brown hair. She said she loved going to Mexico, because everywhere she went, people would talk about "the tall blonde." It took her a while to realize they were talking about her. :D

Good for you for walking! I wish our Y had an indoor track. We just have treadmills. :glare:

It's all perspective, isn't it? Of course people who know me in real life are probably laughing the hardest. :tongue_smilie: