Menu

Progressive Phonics with Phonics Pathways - Hurray!

Snowfall

DD really hasn't loved Phonics Pathways. I've done it on the white board. I've done it from the book. I've done it in rainbow colors on paper and the white board. I've done it with paper covering everything but what she's reading. She just hates Phonics Pathways, so I made a deal with her. Every day she will read a few words from the Phonics Pathways lesson, then a few poems from some of the Progressive Phonics books. It's working - she's stopped complaining every time it's time to practice reading. That's a HUGE deal for us! Of course, that won't help me once we get past the one syllable words, since I don't think Progressive Phonics covers polysyllabic words, but hey...it works for now. :D

Guest mrsjamiesouth
DD really hasn't loved Phonics Pathways. I've done it on the white board. I've done it from the book. I've done it in rainbow colors on paper and the white board. I've done it with paper covering everything but what she's reading. She just hates Phonics Pathways, so I made a deal with her. Every day she will read a few words from the Phonics Pathways lesson, then a few poems from some of the Progressive Phonics books. It's working - she's stopped complaining every time it's time to practice reading. That's a HUGE deal for us! Of course, that won't help me once we get past the one syllable words, since I don't think Progressive Phonics covers polysyllabic words, but hey...it works for now. :D

I am glad things are working for you too! Have you tried the games with her? My son also hasn't liked the pages too much, but he is loving the games.