Menu

timeline figures

bbrandonsmom

What's your favorite timeline figures? I found ones that use little house type ones or something-they were neat looking and the kids could color them. I've seen some that are pretty drab. I want to say it was Winter Promise?

I'm looking for some also that either on online that I can make small enough to print for a wall map, or buy them. We bought a huge wall map, that we put the animals we learn about on, but I thought it would be neat to add the people we learn about on it too. Maybe character stickers from some place?

Hanna's Homeschool Helps yahoo group has figures that coordinate with all the SOTW volumes. She includes a template, too, that you can fit your own computer image into, in case you want to cover something she doesn't. They are free and you just print them off.

Love the Homeschool in The Woods ones, too.

Can I ask how small you can get the timeline figures using the CD from Homeschool in the Woods. I am working on SOTW Ancients with the kids and using the Add-A-Century Timeline notebook/binder... unfortunately I don't have tiny figures on a sheet or sticker page to just peel off and add to the sections of the notebook. I would be looking for stamp size figures. Any suggestions?

Can I ask how small you can get the timeline figures using the CD from Homeschool in the Woods. I am working on SOTW Ancients with the kids and using the Add-A-Century Timeline notebook/binder... unfortunately I don't have tiny figures on a sheet or sticker page to just peel off and add to the sections of the notebook. I would be looking for stamp size figures. Any suggestions?

I don't think there's any limit to how small you can get them. There are a couple of versions on the disk. One is just a pdf version of the pages that you get in a printed packet. You could just print those at a reduced size, using the print dialog settings on your computer.

There are also basic picture files (I think they're jpg files if I remember right) of each timeline figure. I like these because you can just copy and paste them into a word processor document and make them whatever size you want. For our timeline book I make a table with cells around 1.5 inches wide and copy/paste them into the table cells, and they all look good at that size--although to be fair there are some that are more of a horizontal format that I extend across two cells in order to keep them at about the same height as the rest. I think for postage stamp sized ones I would use the version without text, because at some point they will get too small to see what they say (the "without text" versions still have a label and date, just not an explanation), but I think they'd be fine at an inch or so. They might be hard to color at that size, but that's not really necessary.