Menu

PSAT code link for those needing it this week

I just looked up the homeschool code for my son for tomorrow's PSAT. On the off chance anyone else needs it, look for your state on this link:

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/reg/homeschool/state-codes.html

I hope everyone does well - whether testing tomorrow or Saturday!

Then we hold our breath until December! My son tests better with the ACT... so I'll be really holding my breath. On practice PSAT's he can be slightly below (as in ONE point), right on, or up to 8 points above the needed score as per last year. I'm hoping for a good test and great testing conditions tomorrow. :tongue_smilie: It might be harder on ME than him...

My 10th grader is taking it tomorrow for practice. I'm freaking out and resisting the urge to nag her. She's been pretty resistant to taking it and keeps saying she doesn't know why we care because it doesn't count. I think I want to smack her (ok - I'm kidding but I'm annoyed).

And I want to know who thinks starting a test at 7am is a good idea. ICK.

Heather

I had just looked this up from an old post from this time last year. Good idea to post it again.

I just decided to have my daughter take the PSAT tomorrow (it was not on my radar screen AT ALL until one of her gym teammates mentioned that she is taking it tomorrow) and was shocked at how easy it was. I called our local high school and explained what I wanted, apologizing for not calling earlier, and was put on hold for about 10 seconds. The woman came back on and told me where to send my daughter, who to have her ask for and what time she should be there. I asked about the fee, she checked again and told me there's no charge. Bonus!

Terri

And I want to know who thinks starting a test at 7am is a good idea. ICK.

Heather

This boggles my mind too. Our test starts at 7:30 on the dot. And "tests" show that teens are not at their best until at least 9am, with later being better yet.

Oh well.

May everyone do well today!

I just looked up the homeschool code for my son for tomorrow's PSAT. On the off chance anyone else needs it, look for your state on this link:

Oh-oh, I didn't realize we were supposed to find the code; I told my daughter to make sure she gets the homeschool code from the people administering the test....:confused: I hope she doesn't run into a problem.

Oh-oh, I didn't realize we were supposed to find the code; I told my daughter to make sure she gets the homeschool code from the people administering the test....:confused: I hope she doesn't run into a problem.

In my son's case, they had the homeschool code written on the chalk board. Hopefully they'll do the same thing for your dd.

In my son's case, they had the homeschool code written on the chalk board. Hopefully they'll do the same thing for your dd.

I just picked her up....she told me when the teacher gave out the school code to the students, my daughter raised her hand and asked for the homeschool code. The teacher asked, "oh, you're homeschooled?" My daughter replied that she was, and, at that, a boy sitting behind her, says (loud enough for my daughter to hear), "what the f***?" :ohmy:

Apparently, throughout the day there were a few other kids who expressed "surprise" (thankfully, in a less vulgar way ;)) that there were homeschoolers there taking the PSAT.

But, yes, she did manage to get the code.

The guidance counselor at the private school today told me that, for the first time ever, the PSAT materials required him to say the PA homeschool code. He even knew it by heart when we showed up!