Menu

Veggie bits left after you've juiced the veggie. What do you do with them?

I love my juicer. I just wish I could find more things to do with the veggie bits other than putting them in occassional chicken stock or just dumping them into my bokashi. However part of the problem is I usually mix in a fruit with my veggies and I don't really want to have to stop, pull out my veggie fiber/bits before continuing with my fruit adding.

For instance, I like carrot and orange. I'm thinking I can save that for carrot cake and even with the orange, it would still taste okay. What else can I use it for?

What about when I do greens with cucumber, celery, carrot and apple? It's only ever one apple. Can I add that to spagetti sauce or meatloaf? Or will the apple make it taste funny if I don't fish out all the veggie before juicing the apple?

What do you do with veggie bits? Especially if there are fruit bits in with them?

Muffins...my kids used to call them Garbage Muffins...LOL...BUT, they keep asking me to make them. Just add in the amount you would add of applesauce or veggies or carrots, depending on your recipe....really, my kids love this. Oh, it also works for quick breads or to mix into yeast breads.

Faithe

I would make stock with it for veggie soup, corn chowder, chicken soup, etc. So healthy. I would freeze the bits and when you have enough, put it into a stock pot with onions, garlic, and whatever herbs you want to use (I usually use rosemary and thyme), bring it to a boil and then turn it down and simmer for a few hours. I also use corn cobs in mine (when I cut the corn off for another recipe). It's really yummy and super healthy. Better than stock in a box. I keep it in the freezer.

What about when I do greens with cucumber, celery, carrot and apple? It's only ever one apple. Can I add that to spagetti sauce or meatloaf? Or will the apple make it taste funny if I don't fish out all the veggie before juicing the apple?

I make a meatloaf that has grated apple in it. Really delicious. You should give it a try. If the family doesn't like it, don't do it again.

I keep all my little veggie bits, throw them in a freezer bag, and then add them to whatever I'm cooking - usually soup. We eats lots of soup.