Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LAmom

Tapestry of Grace help

Tina,

What do you mean by this? One week history, one week science or something like that??

Sort of . At this point, my grammar staged kiddos can read independently as "assignments" throughout the day, so for a week or two, we'll work together heavily in history and they'll read independently in science (with maybe a light narration or sentence writing only); then the following week or two, we'll switch. It allows for depth where I want it, touching on topics where I want it, and a reasonable amount of school work. For younger grammar students, you could do the same with light read alouds, or simply by doing 2 days on, 2 days off, etc. Honestly, history and science at grammar stages (especially lower grammar K-3) are gravy, but still important enough for me that I won't skip them (as many people do).

This thread has been so informative-thank you soooo much Heather and Tina-I think you guys are so helpful.

Tina-thanks for the offer (you are so sweat) :) and the info on the books. Two history curric I've looked at had some books I would not let a K'er read, at least not mine (& prob not a 1st gd). He's a very empathetic child-even if it's a story. And the one curric that did note the books, I'd have ended up removing almost half of them-due to the violence in them.

I have to go back and read over the info-all this talk of D, R and something else has me pretty lost. D is Dialectic (what SWB refers to as Logic Stage) and R is Rhetoric (high school). You, my dear, have plenty of time!

abrightmom-I'm wondering that too. It actually sounds ideal. You can really take a week to focus on something, instead of breaking it up. I'm sure it depends on the child and what is being studied though.

Guest aquiverfull

I just wanted to say thanks again to Heather and Tina for all the wonderful information provided here in helping one to get started with TOG. Tina, your schedules are very helpful. Thanks for linking them up.

Shannon- thanks for sharing that encouraging story as well. TOG is huge, just thinking of doing all of that in 1 week is exhausting..lol. It's great to know how others are making it work for them.

I've really enjoyed reading all the responses here. :)

I just wanted to say thanks again to Heather and Tina for all the wonderful information provided here in helping one to get started with TOG. Tina, your schedules are very helpful. Thanks for linking them up.

Shannon- thanks for sharing that encouraging story as well. TOG is huge, just thinking of doing all of that in 1 week is exhausting..lol. It's great to know how others are making it work for them.

I've really enjoyed reading all the responses here. :)

You're really welcome ;) I've said before and continue to mean it, I could talk PR and TOG ALL the live long day!