Menu

Anyone have a Nespresso or Dolce Gusto Single Cup Espresso Maker?

The other night I had the pleasure of having an outstanding cup of espresso made from a Nespresso machine. For those of you that don't know, a Nespresso is a single-serving coffee maker, like a Keurig, but it serves premium roast espresso. it was absolutely delicious. It's also pricey, running just about $200, but I can buy enough Crate and Barrel gift certificates with American Express Membership Rewards that it would only end of costing me about $50, plus shipping.

I started doing some research and found a similar machine called a Dolce Gusto. It's made by the same company but is less expensive. I can get it on Amazon for $129, free shipping. It also offers more variety, in that i could make lattes or hot chocolate if I chose to buy those capsules. The Nespresso doesn't have that option.

Has anyone used the Dolce Gusto? I already know I love the Nespresso, but I'd like to hear thoughts about this one. I'm not sure if I should buy the "better" machine with its delicious coffee but limited functionality, because I'd only be out of pocket about $50 plus shipping, or if I should go with the stepped down machine with it's greater variety, but with a greater out of pocket initial expense.

Isn't this just about the lamest thread you've read in a long time? :D Seriously, though, I can't tell you how happy I am to have something to divert my thoughts from the nightmare project plan I'm supposed to be completing for work right now, so...humor me. :tongue_smilie: