Menu

Ancient History Spine?

I'm debating between SWB's History of the Ancient World, Spielvogel's Western Civilization, and the original WTM recommendation, A Short History of Western Civilization for Ancient History.

I thought I had this figured out, but after getting the SWB from the library, I don't love it, and I'm looking for other options. Maybe I should just stick with it a while longer before deciding. We're 6 weeks in, the schedule is still not going smoothly, and yes, I have a tendancy to second-guess myself.

I haven't seen the Spielvogel, but have seen it recommended in other places. Can anyone tell me how these compare in terms of readability, interest, length?

Thanks!

Edited by romeacademy
rephrased and more specific questions

Guest Meripoint

Hi - we are currently using the Founding of Christendom for my dd's 10th grade, second year of Ancients. It is excellent. Ideally, we would have used it last year as well, but I had not found it. It is rigorous and scholarly but highly readable. W. Carroll's credentials as a historian are tip-top. And he fully documents ALL of his assertions. I highly recommend it.