Menu

Hoorayyyy Low fat diet success today. For my swimmer boy

I did it I did it

I made Swimmer boy some low fat pizza. It was 2 grams of fat in each slice.

I made the pizza dough with applesauce instead of the oil

I had fat free Pizza sauce.

Turkey pepperoni

and ham slices for sandwiches

and reduced fat mozzarella cheese.

He was so happy

I then made low fat pizza dessert with apple pie filling all very low fat. HORRAYYYYYYYYYYY

THis was very comforting to him. He really has been missing some typical teen food

Great job! That kid has a very dedicated mom:)

Thanks, what became scary to me is when we were at the dietician and we realized that he was almost starving himself.

It wasn't like he really had anorexia but that is what I felt about it. That he was starving himself, but he didn't even know it. He just counted the fat grams, and kept them under the 20 he could have at the time, BUT in no way was he close to the amount of calories he needed to sustain himself. Literally he needs about 3,000 just to wake up in the morning and breathe. Never mind the 3 hours of swimming he does in a day.

So I had to jump in and work with this.

I appreciate all the help I have gotten from people here.

I did it I did it

I made Swimmer boy some low fat pizza. It was 2 grams of fat in each slice.

I made the pizza dough with applesauce instead of the oil

I had fat free Pizza sauce.

Turkey pepperoni

and ham slices for sandwiches

and reduced fat mozzarella cheese.

He was so happy

I then made low fat pizza dessert with apple pie filling all very low fat. HORRAYYYYYYYYYYY

THis was very comforting to him. He really has been missing some typical teen food

How did you come up with this cool recipe ? Did the dietitian give you the idea of using applesauce instead of oil ? Sounds good. ;)

I am wondering if olive oil may also be a good alternative to other oils because it is supposed to have "good " fat in it .

That's great that he liked it.

How did you come up with this cool recipe ? Did the dietitian give you the idea of using applesauce instead of oil ? Sounds good. ;)

I am wondering if olive oil may also be a good alternative to other oils because it is supposed to have "good " fat in it .

That's great that he liked it.

No I probably know more about some things than the dietician.

I had heard many years ago about subbing applesauce for fats. And i have a few threads here where others gave me Ideas for things.

Some one gave me this link too. It is suggestions for fruit substitutions.

fruitfulfats

And no Olive oil won't make a difference for this situtation. There are no good fats for him. He still needs them but to his body a fat is a fat no matter where it comes. OR this is what we can control for him.

ANd for us right now this is a neccisity for his health and well being.

Thanks