Menu

How long does a level of Rosetta Stone take to complete?

joannqn

We received my daughter's log in information for Rosetta Stone online from our virtual academy on September 24th. I have requested that they send me her progress reports on the last day of the month. The report shows activities that were completed, are in progress, and aren't yet started. On the report activities are broken down by unit (1-4), lesson (1/5) and activity (ie. vocabulary, speaking, listening, grammar, etc).

During the one week in September that she had access to her Spanish lessons, she spent 5 hours an 12 minutes working on them. In those 5 hours, she completed all activities and lessons in unit 1. She started unit 2. If there are only 4 units in a level, is she going to finish Rosetta Stone Spanish Level 1 in just a couple of months at most? Or do the units get progressively harder so that the level actually takes a year to complete?

It depends on which track they are using and if they use the worksheets, tests and quizzes. We are using the comprehensive track and doing all of the above mentioned work also. There are eight units in level one. Each unit has 10-11 lessons. Each lesson is broken up into three parts that take about a twenty to thirty minutes to complete.

I have it all scheduled out in HST+, and I have 386 possible lessons for level 1 if we complete every component of the program.

It sounds like your daughter is not on the comprehensive track, but is on the accelerated track and is not doing any of the written work.

If I remember correctly, Rosetta Stone says that one level is equal to two years of a high school foreign language.

Well, that helps. I'll ask them about it. We were given a packet of worksheets which she is also working on but they are really easy.

The worksheets are pretty simple at first. They do get a little bit harder in the later units. I am only scheduling one part per day because we are also doing Latin. My oldest ds will sometimes work ahead on his own, otherwise we are taking it pretty slowly.

I scanned through the worksheets we were given and they all seem pretty simple.

I didn't realize that there would be any difference between versions, for lack of a better word. I know we are using the online version, and probably the education version of that. Not sure what that really means. I guess, it means that if it isn't enough to learn the language, we'll just have a head start on high school work.

Guest Cheryl in SoCal
It depends on which track they are using and if they use the worksheets, tests and quizzes. We are using the comprehensive track and doing all of the above mentioned work also. There are eight units in level one. Each unit has 10-11 lessons. Each lesson is broken up into three parts that take about a twenty to thirty minutes to complete.

I have it all scheduled out in HST+, and I have 386 possible lessons for level 1 if we complete every component of the program.

It sounds like your daughter is not on the comprehensive track, but is on the accelerated track and is not doing any of the written work.

If I remember correctly, Rosetta Stone says that one level is equal to two years of a high school foreign language.

This is true for the old version. Version 3 will have 4 units/level and is equal to 1 year of high school foreign language. It sounds like the OP is using Version 3 because she says it has 4 units.