Menu

Good morning Weekend Warriors...what's your project?

Make a terrarium. It is part of Singapore Science 6B...we were supposed to set one up a few weeks ago,,,but hey, this is not Singapore, and there were no plants or bugs to be found!!!!

My mom had the neatest terrarium when I was growing up. I loved it. I may have to put this on our summer to do list. Have fun!

So far today I transplanted my gerbera daisies into bigger pots and placed one on each side of my porch steps. The, I transplanted my tulips (found at Walmart for .60 each!) into a bigger pot and put that at the top of my porch steps. I swept and cleaned off the porch.

Then, I made a salad for a dinner I'm going to this evening. I have to go do some clerical work in a bit for a few hours.

Tomorrow is our monthly homeschool potluck, then tomorrow night is the monthly bible study potluck (who scheduled these on the same day???).

Between potlucks, I want to clean out my school armoire and move it to the other side of the living room and maybe move the piano up from the basement (fear not; it's a clavinova, not a real wooden piano) to the living room, as well.

No rest for the weary this weekend.

I, of course, am right here avoiding because I need to know what other people are doing!

Actually, I am going to prepare food for a potluck as well (does spring=potluck?) and prepare for the week so I can act like the learning that goes on in our house is just a part of our lifestyle and that there was no "work" involved at all...

I've been down with a flu. I have much straightening to do around the house. I have barely begun spring cleaning. There are large planters in the patio area that have to be cleaned and re-planted. I have a lot of reading to do for schooling this week (rhetoric stage). The dog needs to be groomed and bathed. As you can see, my options are wide open. Sky's the limit. :001_smile:

Let's see. I will:

Clean Kitchen

Clean Bathroom

Put everything away in other living spaces (no promises in the bedrooms)

Change bedding

Take care of the pooch. (Sweet little guy. Good company when I'm sick :))

Do reading for books/discussion

Make up a menu/shopping list for the week

OK- thanks for motivation.

I just cleaned out the bedroom closet and returned some winter things - humidifier, woolens - to the basement storage area. Got together a bag of clothes to donate. Also cleared off the top of the hutch, which quickly becomes a staging area for all kinds of stuff. :glare:

Working on the big clothes transition! Put away winter clothes that the younger girls might wear next winter, tossed stuff to stained to keep :) Then got out the tubs of summer clothes and the girls tried every.thing. on! But it's done. I should probably do mine too.

Working on the big clothes transition! Put away winter clothes that the younger girls might wear next winter, tossed stuff to stained to keep :) Then got out the tubs of summer clothes and the girls tried every.thing. on! But it's done. I should probably do mine too.

*groan* I am so not looking forward to doing this with my kids. Its been pretty cool this spring so maybe I can get away with putting it off for awile longer......

This week I've made 3 dresses, a dinosaur hanging, curtains, kept the dc out of dh's way while he finished his last paper for the semester, tried 4 new recipes (I don't cook), & recovered my first chair. For the weekend, I need to clean house, host dd's 5th bday party, make another dress, & clean up my sewing pile.

But for now, I need a nap. ;)

Can I play??? Yesterday I:

Made 32 tortillas to freeze

Made 4 loaves of bread

Made another 2 months worth of laundry soap

and cleaned up the back yard

Today I'm:

Grocery shopping

Taking out two trees out front (they're really ugly and they hide our front porch!)

Attending two baseball games

Tomorrow:

Attend two more baseball games

Buy porch furniture

What things are you tackling this weekend?

I'm reupholstering the sofa! DS helped me strip off the old fabric this morning and I'm about to start sewing! Just as soon as I stop posting.... ;)

Yesterday I did a little spackling on one wall of my bedroom where it was kind of lumpy (previous owners did something to it... weird gouges and bad patching jobs) and I need to finish that and get a gallon of paint... and if everything else gets done (ha!) we might pick up a second gallon and repaint the family room too.

And I have about a dozen little seedlings that desperately need to go in the ground today or tomorrow.... Better add that to the list!

DH is on a business trip and I'm just a little hyper... LOL

This morning (Sat.) I had lesson 2 with my dc on learning to knit. But dd6 chose some very slippery needles simply because they were pink. Later we went out and bought her some bamboo knitting needles (which are what ds10 and I use and love). I hope that will make it easier for her.

I also taught dd6 her first song on the piano. She practiced and practiced. She is so proud of herself!

I made this week's menu and shopping list.

Then we shopped (farmer's market, Costco, health food store and then the normal grocery store)- we have a big loop.

Tonight ds10 baked - he has an order due tomorrow for his baking business. Dh and dd6 went out to exercise. And I sat in the arm chair and munched on chips and salsa and read a mystery! Now that is a good end to a busy day!

Okay, I've posted an update on my blog. It wasn't exactly the weekend I had planned because I forgot about a big neighborhood event. But it was a very good weekend and I'm glad we got to enjoy a beautiful spring day.

I put some pictures up on the blog.

How did y'all make out? Get it all done? Some of you keeners had more done by Saturday morning than I got done all weekend!

but the rest is standard: swimming, cooking ahead for the week, doing extra school work so we can have a day off during the week, spelling out the week's sched in big red letters (hubby has terrible dyslexia) and now that kiddo is all ears and mouth, telling HIM the sched so he can prompt daddy, putting out my outfits for the week (I dress in the dark so as to not wake people),rounding up library books, reading at night (read Deconstructing Penguins last night), CLEANING, doing science.

We are measuring the growth of various seeds marinating in wet paper towels, etc. I just love these notebooks for recording science data:

http://www.moleskineus.com/moleskine-cahier-notebooks.html

I got one roller-shade made and hung. Only about 15 more to go. Actually, I only have the supplies for one more--didn't want to commit until I saw the final product. The first one took probably eight hours total because I had no clue what I was doing. The next one will probably take two.

I.hate.ironing.

Heading over to see if you got "Mink" up on your walls.

Ok--couldn't comment at Good Soil so I'll just say it here--love the nail color--it rhymes with mink, at least.

:)

Looks like you had a great weekend.

We did, too. It's finally flip-flop weather here. Finally.

Why thank you. I usually go for a more orangey red, so this is really out there for me. I'm a party animal.

Glad you finally get to wear some flip flops!

And You Are The Woman - fifteen roller shades?!!! Wow. That's all, just Wow.

Got some of it done. :) You do this every week? I'll look next weekend. Thanks again.

Well, this is the third weekend. I'm going to continue it as long as people are interested. If the interest isn't there on the blog, I'll still start the thread here, 'cause it seems like folks like to chat about it here, anyway.

Glad you made some progress this weekend!