Menu

Index card boxes - where to find good ones?

imhim

I love Really Useful Boxes sold by Office Depot. They come in a gazillion sizes and a few different colors. They are WONDERFUL. I haven't looked at 3x5 card size specifically and I don't know if they have that. Here's one size that is close and may work just fine . . .

[email=http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do?Ntt=really+useful+boxes&No=24&N=5&recordsPerPageNumber=12&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode+matchpartialmax&Nty=1]http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do?Ntt=really+useful+boxes&No=24&N=5&recordsPerPageNumber=12&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode+matchpartialmax&Nty=1[/email]

That is a ridiculous link -- sorry it is so long! Anyway, on that page there is a box that is 3x4x6.

I'm addicted to RUBs :D. I could not find decent index card boxes when I looked for them for All About Spelling cards. Like you, I found some at Target or Office Max (not Depot) and they were flimsy. I returned them! I am using some RUB's for All About Spelling cards and the boxes work GREAT.

So which ones of those boxes are Index Card boxes - 3 by 5? I need them for AAS and memory work.

I just need the link - I have looked at things before and was not able to find a right thing. Thank you.

Have you been to Office Depot? I couldn't find it on their online store, but I found a great index card box in the store. It's sort of shaped like a shoe box, but 3x5 cards fit perfectly, and it has an adjustable insert inside so your cards don't flop around. We also purchased dividers separately to keep our Latin cards separate from the biology cards.

So which ones of those boxes are Index Card boxes - 3 by 5? I need them for AAS and memory work.

I just need the link - I have looked at things before and was not able to find a right thing. Thank you.

I really like the sterilite flip-top boxes from Walmart that only cost $1, and can fit 2 levels of cards. The problem with some of the smaller 3X5 card-holder boxes is that they aren't high enough--the tab dividers get bent over. Plus you can barely get the cards in and out.

Here's my blog with pictures of what we're using.

HTH! Merry :-)