Menu

Two bunnies are building a hutch just outside our window!

DawnUK

At least I think that they are. We have cleared an area to start a vegetable garden, but now we have a big hole and two bunnies that keep hopping back and forth between the hole and our back paddocks, returning to the hole with straw in their mouths! It's the cutest thing! They have to be making a place to have baby bunnies, right? Anyone have any information or good web sites about bunnies. Obviously, the vegetables are not going to happen! Oh, except the lettuce that we'll be planting around the hole so that they can feed the babies.

They kids are so excited! So Charlotte Mason......

--Dawn

That is fun! We are having a similar experience but with bluebirds. My kids built bluebird houses last summer in 4H workshop. We put the houses on the back porch to wait until Dad had time to mount them properly. I guess the bluebirds got tired of waiting for their house to be mounted properly and just moved right in. The house is right outside our French doors. We try to minimize the coming and going through there to give them peace.

We a have a momma, and a little baby that have been hanging around just outside our kitchen window. I've noticed we've all (cats included) been spending more time at the kitchen table lately. lol That little baby bunny is just too darn cute!!

I must be the only one that does not think this is neat, Yes it's neat for the kids, yada, yada, yada, but when it comes to me trying to raise a garden to keep costs down for my family, I win. I won't tell you what we do to baby bunnies. Bunnies reproduce like plastic bags from the grocery store.

Kristine