Menu

Enid Blyton written by Pamela Cox?

This might be a long shot, but is anyone here a fan of Blyton's Malory Towers and St. Clare's series? Have you read the newer stories written by Pamela Cox? How do they measure up - enjoyable or bad? I adore the boarding school series and saw some of the new ones on Bookdepository but was hoping for some input before ordering.

TIA!

• 3 years later...
Guest neologist

Just seeing this question now. I am a fan of both series and recently purchased the box sets for my daughter. I was shocked to see that Pamela Cox had written three of the St. Clare's books. I was horrified when my daughter looked at the covers of both series and read a page in each and decided she was going to begin with the Sixth Formers at St. Clare's — not only a late book, but one written by Pamela Cox! When I was growing up the books were not that easy to find at least in the U.S. so I had managed to collect all the Malory Towers ones but never completed my St. Clare's collection. So when the books arrived for my daughter I read the books I had missed and then, since I like to read in order, did start on the Pamela Cox ones. There are certainly some places where you think Enid Blyton would have handled this part differently, not explained so much so early, etc. Occasionally she departs from the formula. But for the most part she does a very good job of imitating Blyton's style and rhythms and world. She is obviously a fan too and has done her homework. As with Blyton, reading one makes you want to read the next one. Did you get the books? What did you think?

Just quoting the original question so that Amber sees it's been answered some three and a half years later!

Regards,

Kareni

This might be a long shot, but is anyone here a fan of Blyton's Malory Towers and St. Clare's series? Have you read the newer stories written by Pamela Cox? How do they measure up - enjoyable or bad?